Video Files on Forum ×

PEDAL SETTINGS NOT STORED WITH STAGE SETTING

algx

I've had my PX5s for some time now and have just started using the pedals for filter sweeps etc.  This is useful and great fun but whatever I set them to do, appears to be global, ie not stored with the particular stage setting.  This is very limiting, as what is an appropriate setting for a synth is totally inappropriate for a piano.  

I find this odd, as all the Common knob and slider settings are stored as you would expect, with the individual stage setting, but the pedals are not.  Is this a bug with my particular keyboard or is this a glaring oversight in the performance settings with this keyboard?

Considering that the pedal target Common settings are 13 button presses into the menu make this even more frustrating, as it means that for live performance this feature is more or less unusable, which is a great shame.  If this is just my keyboard or something that I'm missing? would someone please put me in the picture.  If not, is there some clever way out of this so that a stage setting can hold onto its particular foot pedal settings?

Thanks BradMZ for your prompt reply.  

I always use the PC editor for editing sounds as it is much easier as I'm sure you know.  I had looked at the pedal filters in the PC editor and they were set to off, but on reading your reply I looked in the keyboard settings and they were set to on.  I then tried and experimented with the settings on and off in the PC editor with the System Setting page open and it does change on the keyboard when I reload with that page tab open.  Somehow, at some stage, I must have changed the  pedal filter setting and not pressed the reload button, then saved the setting without checking that I had actually reloaded it into the Px5s.  I think I assumed that the changes I made in the PC editor were all instantaneously transmitted to the Px5s  as some are, even without pressing the reload button, but obviously not all of them.

I shall be using the reload button much more frequently in the future for sure!