Video Files on Forum ×

Problem with Effects on PX 5S

Blukeys

First time user. Please be patient with me-am old and often "technology challenged," but in my retirement, am still rocking it out and playing the blues in two different bands. Just bought the PX 5S-arrived yesterday. Really like this board. Spent a little time using the tone settings to check out all the voices and began learning the navigation keys/methods. Later in the day I made an attempt to find and utilize the transpose function and must have done something to the settings (perhaps pushing two keys together??--not at all sure what the hell I did!)  Anyway, it ended up with the   effect   LED now staying on all the time and it seems like there is some type of significant chorus effect on all the voices as I move from one to another. The   0  bank key stays on and I am able to change banks. I am assuming that the   effect  LED and setting should not be on all the time. I have spoken already to the sales rep and tech support persons from the seller as well as tech support from Casio. All suggested basically the same thing--make sure the    auto resume    is off and then    initialize all    back to factory settings. I have done this several times--the tones come back without any chorus effect, but the    effect     LED stays lit. Can play the tones at that point without hearing any effect, using the tone keys to change voices. If I shut off the board and turn it back on, I am back at square one with the apparent chorus effect on all voices and the    effect LED lit.  Hope this is relatively clear and  I am not missing something obvious, but would greatly appreciate any help  to get that     effect   LED off, and to thus remove the chorus effect from being the default every time I turn the board back on. Thanks in advance for some help and guidance...Blukeys

By "effect" LED, I assume you mean the lights next to each effects button like, DSP and Master, etc....  They are supposed to be on normally.  Those lights are an indicator for the temporary bypass function. Pressing and holding an effect button will cause the light to flash, showing that effects of that button are bypassed.  A short press of each button brings you to editing menus for the effects. 

Check your modulation wheel.  It should be in the full down position, not centered like the bender wheel.  That may be your source of weird effects.  

Brad--Thank you for explaining how the effects work. You were absolutely correct about the sounds I was hearing being caused by the modulation wheel. Re-positioned it and everything back to normal. Appreciate your guidance and expertise in helping me resolve this "problem."

• Like 1