Slightly frustrated prospective owner!

Hi everyone, and can I just say how seriously impressed I am by the knowledge, helpfulness, and camaraderie, that the whole of this excellent site seems to have, in abundance!

After as much research as I can muster, given, sadly, the lack of very much video help on the 'net, I made a very firm decision to talk my wife and two adult daughters into getting me an MZ-X500 for my upcoming birthday in July 😊

Luckily, and to my surprise, they seem to have found this an excellent idea (!!) - but my question is, WHERE, in the U.K., do they FIND one?!?

The only places I've seen it advertised are: " THOMANN " with whom I have a long and totally satisfied relationship, as a customer, for something like 20 years, and the company called " BAXX " who I know nothing about, although I've seen their website.

I know that there would be no hassle getting it from THOMANN, but why does there appear to be none of the U.K. retailers selling, what appears to me, to be, a simply astonishing keyboard at an unbelievable price?

I'm looking forward to it joining my PA 300 in my home studio, and, hopefully, to getting some sound and helpful advice from all of you, in the very near future - because I KNOW I'm going to need it!! 😊

Regards to you all

Chris

• Like 1

Hi there, Chris and welcome.

My prized MZ-X500 is one year old today!  Time flies when you're having fun, eh!  Got mine  hassle-free from Thomann, but now I see that the UK music instrument, mail order giant, Bax Shop UK are stocking 'em @ £670 with a 3-year warranty.  Check out Bax shop at the link 'tuxfriend' posted. 

Yes, I reported here on this forum over a year ago, about UK dealers' apparent snobbery regards this flagship Casio model. Some even had the cheek to try to steer my money towards another Yamaha!  Fat chance of that, though.  See this earlier post by 'Guest' which was my name before I got married:

Hard to believe that the Casio MZ-X500 even after a year, still can't be found in stock in any UK high street music store to try out.  

But never mind that;  hope you enjoy your new MZ-X500, wherever it comes from.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, and I hope you'll forgive me for beginning by saying, in light of the heartbreaking events in the UK over the past week, what a genuinely uplifting night it was, last night, at the One Love Manchester concert. How on earth they organised such an amazing night in less than five days is beyond me! Sure, much of the music was not what I'd call my "first choice", but my admiration goes out to all those artists who appeared for free. 

Right! - To BradMZ, Lobbard, and tuxfriend - THANK YOU so much!

To get your replies, so quickly, and to be made to feel so welcome, even before I've  got my MZ-X500, is very special!

As I said in my post, I know little about BAXX-SHOP, but one thing I HAVE discovered, since I posted, is that, although they have a UK phone number ( in Kent, I believe ) they are actually based in the Netherlands! Gives some weight, I think, to the general opinion, on the 'net, that they are aiming to be in direct competition with Thomann.

To be honest, as the price difference is tiny, and, with the cost of the Casio qualifying for free shipment - and, as I said, with the fact that I've purchased countless instruments and kit from them over a lot of years - I'm pretty much 100% certain we'll get it from Thomann.

In fact, rumour has it, over breakfast this morning, that it's going to be ordered today! Which means it'll be almost within touching distance of me within the next week or so....... And I won't get my hands on it for almost a MONTH!!

I tell you guys, that's going to be a long, long, four weeks!! 😃

Apologies  for the long, drawn-out, post, and can I just thank you all, once again, for your kind replies,and I genuinely do look forward ( I hope! ) to being able to share some of your combined knowledge and talent concerning "our" keyboard, which I KNOW, is going to make those tricky, early weeks, with a new, and unfamiliar, instrument, so much easier to navigate.

Thanks, guys, so much

Regards

Chris