Video Files on Forum ×

MZ-X300 / Top sounds for your performance – by Ralph Maten

Ralph_Maten

(Admin edit:  Caution! Installing this ZAL file will delete all user content in keyboard memory. Back up your keyboard to USB memory before loading this file)

Installing this content file will give you instant access to even more rhythms and sounds taken from

Electro, Dubstep, Hip-Hop or EDM.

Installation

Before installing the content please check if the firmware of your instrument is updated to version 1.50 .

To add the new sounds and rhythms to your keyboard, you’ll need the downloaded installation file as well as a USB flash drive.

Your MZ-X300 supports FAT32 - formatted USB drives. If your USB flash drive is formatted for

use with another file system, use the Windows formatting function to format it for FAT32 (do not

select Quick Format).

Download the file MUSICDAT.rar and use an unraring program to unpack the file on your PC. When

you have unpacked the rar file, you will have a folder named MUSICDAT containing a file named

EDM3b.ZAL. Move the entire MUSICDAT folder and its contents onto the formatted USB drive.

With your digital keyboard off, insert the USB flash drive into its USB port. Then turn the instrument

on.

Select MEDIA on the second page of the MENU screen.

Select “Load All”.

Select “All” and you will be given access to the EDM3b.ZAL file on the USB flash drive. Select that file

and tap “Execute”. At the “Load - sure?” prompt, select “yes” and then wait until the loading process

is complete (about two minutes). You can then switch the keyboard off and remove the USB drive.

Now restart the instrument... and you’re all set!

When you install the EDM3b.ZAL file, 8 sound and rhythm combinations showcasing the capabilities of the instrument will be stored to registry slots.

Using the registry to try out a rhythm and sound combination - example

Registration memory lets you store setups. You can access the first eight registry slots by simply

pressing Registry buttons 1 through 8. Select Registry Slot 1.

To start creating impressive sound effects immediately, hold down the Synchro button on the PAD controller and then press PADS 1 to 3, one after the other - afterwards you can let go of the Synchro button.

Now start with Intro 1 on the Rhythm Controller by pressing that button; the samples on the PADS

are synchronized and will play along in time. Now, for example, you can switch off PAD 2 (press it

once) and play around with Variations 1-4 on the Rhythm Controller.

The content is compatible with firmware version 1.50 (MZX300).

You can find more inspirational videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb4JW-1ZqM0&index=20&list=PLdL64PlAKQ8PP1phFV7LOpIB6ZJOZQrh9

MUSICDAT.rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

ciao, excuse me, but " saving all of your work to USB memory" means also the user tones   and the tones stored in the registration banks and every setting of effects and controllers settings...? and when i want to re-use them how mast i do? is it possible to re-load every thing in one operation and Keeping the new MATEN settings or one excludes the other?

18 minutes ago, igor said:

ciao, excuse me, but " saving all of your work to USB memory" means also the user tones   and the tones stored in the registration banks and every setting of effects and controllers settings...? and when i want to re-use them how mast i do? is it possible to re-load every thing in one operation and Keeping the new MATEN settings or one excludes the other?

It is a sort of 'musical chairs' to get things back to norm. Save all your keyboard's data to a ZAL file then load in the new ZAL file. Then save the bits from the new ZAL file out as individual Tones, Registrations, etc. Now load your backup ZAL data back in then load in the bits you saved from Ralph's ZAL. It's a pain, but it works. and you don't run the risk of losing anything.

Perhaps more like the "Fox, Chicken and Sack of Grain" riddle, ;-)