Video Files on Forum ×

PX350 propietary driver problems

Hi everybody, my name is Ruud. I live in Holland and bought a PX350 last year (as a complete beginner at the piano) and I really like it. I think it's unbeatable for the money (got a good deal for it via English website). I love the keybed (although a little noisy, but other brands are noisy too!). I play the internal sounds via a Behringer (yeah, I know) soundcard to a pair of Focal Alpha speakers, because the sound coming from the built in speakers is just not good enough for me (as compared to a decent set of headphones). I also use it as a midi keyboard to play vst's on my computer.

However, this month I experienced driver problems twice. The midi notes just stopped getting into my computer (Windows 10) while I was playing and I couldn't use it as a midi keyboard anymore. My solution to this was to uninstall the (proprietary) driver (via device manager in Windows 10), disconnect the keyboard and restart the computer. After that I followed the directions for connecting the keyboard to a computer as described on page E-54 of the manual. and it's been working flawless ever since.

My questions are: Does anybody else experienced this and what could be the cause? I never used the USB flashdrive port (I don't consider my playing worthwhile for recording just yet...), as I understand this could mess with the midi too?

Greetings from the Low Countries,

Ruud

There is a peculiarity I found when recording from the PX350 to computer software (with midi not audio!) If a thumb drive is installed and "mounted" so as to be internally accessible to the PX350, it does seem to cause connectivity issues using the din or usb ports to a computer. The only thing that seemed to consistently solve the problem is that I remove the thumb drive when working between the PX350 and a computer connection. the thumb drive isn't accessible through the computer anyway when connected to the PX350. Another thing to keep in mind, unlike the XW-P1 with both din and usb ports, the PX350 only seems able to use one or the other. You cannot (at least in my experience) use both to for example transmit to the computer and to another midi device simultaneously. If it works, it is intermittent at best or doesn't work at all. Not sure why. Still a very nice piano. I have alot of posts here regarding stuff with the PX350 f you are interested.