Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI 16 Track Recorder Questions

Hi all!

Another couple of questions in preparation for getting my MZ-X500 in July, if I may?

In terms of the way the recorder works, can I assume that the accompaniment track is recorded on its own, separate, track, and that we then have the 16 tracks to record whatever we wish? 

If all that IS the case, can we then add an audio track to that midi sequence ( including, obviously, the accompaniment track ), and will that audio track, ( e.g. a vocal recording ), then, automatically, be sync'd to what's already been recorded?

IF the answer is "No" to any of this, then any advice, on this topic, prior to my getting my precious "MZ", would be, very genuinely, appreciated.

Thanks guys

Best

Chris

The user manuals located here ...

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008010003

will answer a lot of questions.

As far as I know, the MIDI and Audio tracks are very separate entities and will not sync. MIDI tempo is easily changed but audio tracks are always in the tempo they were originally recorded in. Having said that there may be some "magic" you could do with the PADS. I haven't had time to do anything with PADS yet. ;-)

cheers,

Rick