Video Files on Forum ×

Need info on 80s-90s Model# with sound fx

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have racked my brain searching the www to no avail. In the late 80s or early 90s I had a Casio keyboard that I loved. Unfortunately I can't remember the model #. One thing that I think may distinguish it from others is that (if memory serves me correct) it had about 5 buttons that were dedicated to sound effects. I remember "Rain" Thunder" "Waves" and I think a Train or locomotive sound, and maybe birds? I am positive about the Rain a Thunder and waves.

If anyone remembers this or could point me in a direction I would be thankful. Believe it was a tone bank model. Had the greatest sounding Synth Strings I ever heard. I am back to recording music and would love to try to find this one again.

Thanks for your time. Bruce

It could be an MT-540 or CT-460 and more.  Casio's first PCM based models of that era had either one of two demo songs "Ballade Pour Adeline" or "Night Birds".  Models with sound effects had an extended version of the "Night Birds" demo with a car horn and waves among some of the sound effects.  

Well, my memory wasn't serving me well. No dedicated buttons for the sound fx. But after more looking I believe I found the model. Its the CT-637. And appears to be rather hard to find now. And not a lot on this model on the www. Ohh well, I will keep an eye out for one on ebay, etc. Maybe I will get lucky. Thanks Brad MZ. Appreciate your reply.

ct637.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 8:09 PM, Brucex67 said:

Well, my memory wasn't serving me well. No dedicated buttons for the sound fx. But after more looking I believe I found the model. Its the CT-637. And appears to be rather hard to find now. And not a lot on this model on the www. Ohh well, I will keep an eye out for one on ebay, etc. Maybe I will get lucky. Thanks Brad MZ. Appreciate your reply.

ct637.jpg

Keep an eye on other Casio keyboards that look to be from around the same time (similar structure and construction, same number of sounds, etc). In the early 90's they recycled the same soundbanks in a lot of their keyboards, and I'm pretty sure that the CT-637 ToneBank is the same from other keyboards released around that time.