Where are all the Casio MZ-X' tutorials?

Lobbard

Hi , MZ-X500 lovers, (and MZ-X300's too)   

Year or so since the launch of Casio's flagship arranger keyboard.  Great keyboard, but I do wonder at the apparent lack of video tutorials (in English) for the Casio MZ-X500 and MZ-X300s.  

Casio MZ-X500 tutorials.png

I wondered about this too. The best explanation I can think of is that the major markets for arrangers are other countries, not the USA or the UK (or Canada or Australia or the other countries that speak native English). If that is so there could be insufficient financial return in Casio's opinion to justify creating a series of English-language tutorial videos similar to those done in the past for the XW series and the PX-5S. They would leave the creation of most videos to the Casio divisions in other countries, done in a native language of the target country. In addition, the touch-based UI of the MZ-X models might lead Casio's management to assume that there is less of a need. In reality, the sheer number of features in these instruments, particularly the MZ-X500, makes the need for tutorials even greater. Or it could simply be that Casio in the USA is currently limited by available internal resources.  

Still, it's not like there are no tutorial videos at all. My own YouTube search turned up these, one in English and the rest with entirely understandable English subtitles (not the useless auto-generated kind):

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much. I've mostly been using my MZX-500 for live playing. And I really really love this thing. I have a lot of professional keyboards by other manufactures. But I truly love this because of all the capabilities. I'm just stumped because of no tutorials on it like my Korg and Roland. So seeing these videos are such a help for me. I actually use my new MZX-500 on a lot of professional stages. And get a lot of shocked responses about the sound. I love this keyboard.

Just checked out a series of short tutorials Korg did for the Krome 2 budget workstation. this board isn't out yet and already I have a clear sense of how to work with it! I've owned the MZ x500 for nearly a year and still struggle in small ways. some blame goes to the manual but some also0 to Casio for not covering all the capabilities in tutorial form.

C'mon Casio...that Kross 2 looks awesome right about now!

46 minutes ago, moontom said:

Just checked out a series of short tutorials Korg did for the Krome 2 budget workstation. this board isn't out yet and already I have a clear sense of how to work with it! I've owned the MZ x500 for nearly a year and still struggle in small ways. some blame goes to the manual but some also0 to Casio for not covering all the capabilities in tutorial form.

C'mon Casio...that Kross 2 looks awesome right about now!

Well said, Moontom.

That Krome 2 looks and sounds impressive, although personally,  I'd be lost without the MZ's arranger functions.

What does get my GearLust juices flowing,  are the quality of Korg's video tutorials,  covering all the instruments' aspects and clearly explained at a pace than even a complete novice could follow.   The meager scraps of Casio M'Z-X500 tutorials are unworthy of Casio's flagship arranger / synth keyboard. 

Yes, my Casio MZ-X500 is packed with amazing features for a great price.  But if I were considering buying another new arranger,  I might now choose a model with less features over a abundance of good video tutorials.  

Kross is no match for MZ 500 looks like toy 😀 I would consider Korg PA 1000 definitely only if price was lower and yes for some reason Casio is not very good at video tutorials for their instruments or more likely not interested who knows why ?

I guess they make more money on watches .

and what's weird about that is Casio hired Rich Formadoni, a former Korg guy who did great tutorials on gear for years! Mike, Rich, if you ever dig into this forum, please let us know what's in the pipeline for the MZ in this regard. even knowing that "nothing" is in the works would be helpful.

thanks

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered a MX-X500 and am new to this forum.  Supposed to be here tomorrow.  Oddly it was suggested in a Korg forum.

When I was looking for something new to twiddle with I had not even given Casios a passing nod as I didn't think they did anything but toy keyboards.  It was only thanks to that suggestion that I even looked.  And that, frankly is a shame.  Couple that with the paucity of tutorials in English and little marketing from Casio and it is a wonder they sell them at all.  :(

I'm looking forward to getting it to add to my slowly growing musical things.

• Like 1

I don’t know if that is the right question.  Long time users would be less likely to need tutorials, but newbies like me sure could use them a lot. And the lack of them could very well keep solid sales of them from happening since they are as much about marketing as they are tutorials.

19 hours ago, LloydP said:

I don’t know if that is the right question.  Long time users would be less likely to need tutorials, but newbies like me sure could use them a lot. And the lack of them could very well keep solid sales of them from happening since they are as much about marketing as they are tutorials.

Well, I've found the opposite to be true regarding long time users.

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, AlenK said:

I wondered about this too. The best explanation I can think of is that the major markets for arrangers are other countries, not the USA or the UK (or Canada or Australia or the other countries that speak native English). If that is so there could be insufficient financial return in Casio's opinion to justify creating a series of English-language tutorial videos similar to those done in the past for the XW series and the PX-5S. They would leave the creation of most videos to the Casio divisions in other countries, done in a native language of the target country. In addition, the touch-based UI of the MZ-X models might lead Casio's management to assume that there is less of a need. In reality, the sheer number of features in these instruments, particularly the MZ-X500, makes the need for tutorials even greater. Or it could simply be that Casio in the USA is currently limited by available internal resources.  

Still, it's not like there are no tutorial videos at all. My own YouTube search turned up these, one in English and the rest with entirely understandable English subtitles (not the useless auto-generated kind):

Isn't this guy the same german that did those old videos on the WK-7600? (*_*)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...