analog synth with XW step sequencer

christoph49

Hi,

I want to control an analog synth modul with the XW step sequencer over MIDI OUT. I have a MIDI to CV/Gate

Converter and can control it with the MIDI OUT [Key] selection over the XW's Keyboard. But if I play a step Sequence

I don't receive a signal at the MIDI/CV Converter. How can I change the settings from the XW to get the sequencer controlling the

Converter?

The MIDI chanel of the Converter is chn 1 by default and I read that the sequencer parts are linked with MIDI chanel 8- 16.

How and where can I change this ? 

I tried in Performance Mode MIDI > Edit > Seq > Solo1 > [1] but there is still no input at the Converter.

If I swap MIDI OUT chanel to 15 and try the Learn Button at the converter there is no signal, too.

Thanx Christoph.

You have to turn on MIDI output for the step sequencer parts.  To quote Mike Martin from 5 years ago ..."Edit your PERFORMANCE.   Scroll down to MIDI Edit, press enter.  Use the Part +/- buttons and select tracks 8-16 turn MIDI (or USB) ON."  The output channels are 8-16. I haven't looked lately but I am pretty sure the out channels are fixed.