Leonh

What you use it for MZ 500/300

Hi it would be interesting to know for what purposes are you using it as it is arranger and workstation in one.

In my case primary use is music production as a workstation for EDM music .

Let's discussion begins.

3 hours ago, Leonh said:

Hi it would be interesting to know for what purposes are you using it as it is arranger and workstation in one.

In my case primary use is music production as a workstation for EDM music .

Let's discussion begins.

Hi, using my MZ-X500 for lots of things:  using amplifier and speakers, novelty songs, mixing unusual sounds with music,  just discovering the joys of using the PADS to play chord sequences, and most of all producing EDM (elderly dance music).  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobbard said:

Hi, using my MZ-X500 for lots of things:  using amplifier and speakers, novelty songs, mixing unusual sounds with music,  just discovering the joys of using the PADS to play chord sequences, and most of all producing EDM (elderly dance music).  :lol:

Not fair I thought EDM music will make me feel young 😂

I use the MZ-X500 for personal enjoyment as an arranger and to play small venue solo performances.  The pads are a great feature which I use to enhance the built in rhythms.

I have found the MZ-X500 to be *IDEAL*  for use in live theatre. It has any instrument sound you can think of (and quite a few you'd NEVER thing of LOL). Very easy to set up sounds in the order you need them and use a foot switch to toggle through them.  You can sample sound effects and assign them to a pad in a matter of seconds. The built in speakers mean you don't need a personal monitor - a big plus in tight orchestra pits. I've used it for a number of productions, both musical and non-musical plays - love it. 

I'm using the MZ-X500 to produce music and I'm finding this incredible instrument very inspiring.... well, to be honest, it inspires too much!

In fact when I play the MZ-X500 I fall always into random jam sessions 
Fortunately this keyboard can record WAV and MIDI with just a button press, so I can freeze all those ideas that I get while playing :) 

It's the most amazing and fun keyboard I've ever owned, no doubts on this!

• Like 2

Mine is used as a 5 octave 2nd board above a px5s, for organ, synth and sample triggering, and it also provides backup at gigs in case of any issues with the px5s - don't use the arranger features at all and would be happy to lose the built in speakers too in order to reduce size / weight even further

I'm going to use my MZ-X300, when it gets here for soundtrack work and by soundtrack I mean John Williams Orchestral and not Hans Zimmer,  even though I might get a Zimmer-Type assignment one of these days.

The MZ will be a giant leap forward for me from my much venerated WK-1350. I am looking forward to "going to school"

for 8 hours a day to exploit the MZ to it's fullest.

My use for the MZX 300 is to play using latin rhythms like bolero chachacha samba mambo ray conniff and more.
I have already installed 64mb of samples from the most varied ones like Piano XP80 Rhodes Sax Acordeons ...

I'm planning on using my MZ X500 (when it gets here. It's enroute) for creating backing music for my choir, general keyboard workhorse duties and to join my home studio rig.

korg Triton Classic

Yamaha MM6

Roland SH201

Akai MiniAK

casio MZX500

Church worship services, weddings and funerals.   Also the MZ-X500 has some good pipe organ tones