effects

manderson

I just got my PX 560 and I'm not understanding how to add effects. For example, I go to effects in menu, select chorus edit, enter, select a parameter, use the scroll wheel, up and down and nothing happens. The sound stays dry. Same with delay, reverb, etc.

There are 2 ways effects can be modified.

1. The "global" effects menu sets parameters for the available effects. Changes here are only demonstrated when that effect is currently be used by a tone.

2. Every tone has effects added. Edit a tone and you will see a submenu

1: to choose a specific DSP (digital signal processing algorythm) like Phaser, compressor, etc

2-4: set how much signal to send to the 3 major global effects: reverb, chorus, delay

If you currently have a tone selected that doesn't send a lot of signal to reverb, chorus or delay and you change the global setting for one of those

effects you won't be able to hear the changes. So, start by editing a tone to see how much "send" is going there and then modify the global parameters for

that effect category.

As confusing as this is, the capability to give the user so much control is pretty mind boggling after using other products that required add-on PC editors to

do anything useful for customization and tweaking sounds. Of course, I'll probably spend too much time tweaking and less time making music as a result.

McDTracy