Video Files on Forum ×

Comparison

Leonh

I had that same impression of the Roland EA-7 in this comparison.  I found it curious that the recording of the Roland sounds was, for the most part, at a lower volume than the Casio and Korg boards.  If you increase the volume of the Roland board during playback it sounds much better.  

For some reason Roland did not include their "SuperNatural" sounds in the EA-7.  It was a big mistake because us BK-9 players love those sounds.  As much as we would like to have a board with internal speakers that would use them, the EA-7 will not.  Practically speaking it means that the work we put into our performances on the BK-9 will not "port" directly to the EA-7 and we would have to recreate the performances with the sounds provided.  My apologies to Roland, but they have lost sensitivity to their user base.  This is at least part of the reason I ended up with the Casio MZ-X500.

I really hope that Casio is listening and will bring out a 76 key version of the MZ-X500 with internal speakers that is fully compatible with our performances, with a real xlr mic input having front panel volume and reverb and an improved keybed.  I would buy it in a heartbeat.