Video Files on Forum ×

Hey guys.... What is THIS?

I realise I can phone Thomann, or even just stick it in the laptop and see what's on it, but I'm SO intrigued I thought you might not mind me asking the Group if they can enlighten me ;-)

In all the "stuff" that came with my X500 is a REALLY heavily sealed, slightly padded, bag, in which is a USB Drive and a printed card - which is entirely in GERMAN!!

I've actually had this before with Thomann".... in fact, several times in the past! I guess, with them being a German based company, they get a version of whatever the product is, that's focussed, in terms of paperwork, and even the power cable ( they included a U.K. adapter for use here! ) on Germany/ Mainland Europe? No hassle as far as I'm concerned, except that I have NO idea what is printed on this folded ( 4 "page" ) card, OR what is on the USB drive!

I'm assuming that everyone else got this same "package" as well, so, before I take the boring option of checking it out ;-) I'd love to know what it's all about!

Thanks for your time guys.

Take care all

Chris

Being brutally honest, and, I hope, truthfully self-critical, I've just realised how pointless that post is - apart from the fact that I still don't speak German, so I have no idea what's printed in the folded card!

So I've installed the drive in the laptop and it's contents are 10.6mb consisting of a folder labelled " MUSICDAT " in which is a single file titled " edm.zal "! I have NO idea what this is, and, because of not being able to read the card ( which I ASSUME contains some form of description or instruction? ), I have NO intention of doing anything with the file until, hopefully, one or more of you brilliant people can give me SOME idea as to what it IS!!

Here's hoping! ;-)

Take care all

Chris

Hi,  Got a similar, well-packed USB drive plus a card with my MZ-X500 from Thomann.  But the memory of what was on that thumb drive or the card is now beyond personal retrieval.  Probably used one of the free online translators like the one in the pic. You type in or paste in words or paragraphs for instant enlightenment. 

Best to have a look at MZ-X500 Guide --page 63,  lots of info about using USB flash drives:
             ..."Be sure to format a USB flash drive on the Digital
                Keyboard before using it for the first time.
               Before formatting a USB flash drive, make sure it
               does not have any valuable data stored on it.."
 ..etc etc

translate.png

A file of the same name was uploaded by Ralph Maten to this forum.  It is most likely the same file. This file is what Casio calls an "all data" file. That is what the ZAL extension stands for.  This will overwrite user memory with new data. Backup any of your work you may have before installing it.  

• Like 1

I am about 99.99% sure this is Ralph Maten's EDM resources for the X500. As noted above, the ZAL file will overwrite everything on your machine with its contents. If you're not into Electronic Dance Music I'd just format the USB drive and use it for your own 'stuff' ;-)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 6:46 PM, Songwriter2015 said:

Well, with genuine apologies to everyone who's heavily into Electronic Dance Music, but I think I'll follow Rick's advice and wipe the drive!!

I don't know about you guys but, personally, I can never get enough blank USB drives!! ;-)

Take care all

Chris

Maybe a box of this to wipe the drive, Chris...?  :-) 

zal.png

• Like 1