expression pedal

manderson

I've connected my MOOG expression pedal to my PX 560 and run the configuring routine. On all registrations that have a 2nd upper tone using the expression pedal to control the volume (balance) of the tone,  when the pedal is all the way back, (no volume) the volume is loud, then creeping forward, the volume drops and raises up as I move the pedal forward to the loud all the way down. But in the all the way back, the sound should be off or very quiet. but it is loud.  Any thoughts?

Expression pedals have a polarity and some allow the setting to be reversed.

I'd guess the Moog operates in the reverse of the intended polarity. The workaround would be to use the opposite MIN/MAX settings to counter the

loud = soft and soft = loud behavior: MIN = 127 and MAX = 0.

I bought the inexpensive M Audio expression pedal and it works without any polarity issues *AND* it has a reverse polarity switch on the bottom which might

be handy on other future product purchases I make.

McDTracy

The Moog EP-3 has a polarity switch and definitely does work correctly with the PX-560. I have one. See this thread: http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12644-volume-jumping-w-expression-pedals/

If you have an older Moog EP-2 it does not have a polarity switch and unfortunately I do believe it has the wrong polarity.

BTW, the jumping problem discussed in the thread was fixed in the most recent firmware update.