Video Files on Forum ×

Midi and Audio Sequencer recording??

Hi All! :) But, if I may, especially RICK, BRADMZ, and LOBBARD!! :2thu:

I actually think, contrary to what some seem to feel, that the MZ-X500 online manuals are, actually, quite good, but in one aspect they seem to be puzzlingly lacking! No criticism from me, just an observation.

So...... Firstly, having, hypothetically, recorded an Accompaniement track, how many, further, individual, keyboard tracks can I add to that track, if I wished, in order to make a multitrack recording?

More important still - IS it possible to add an Audio Track to that multitrack recording ( e.g., a Vocal track - NOT recorded via the mic input, but from my X32 via the line inputs of the X500 ) that would, in essence, become a part of that multitrack.

Putting it simply - A Vocal track, the Accompaniement track, and, however many further keyboard tracks that obviously playback together in sync?

Im happy to experiment myself, obviously, but IF, for whatever reason the answer is  "no-go", then at least I'll have saved a lot of wasted time! :)

Thanks for your time guys

Take care,

Chris

The midi recorder is 17 tracks.  16 of them are solo tracks. Each of which is for recording a single tone from the keyboard.  These are standard midi tracks. The 17th track "system track" is a Casio proprietary track that records all of the auto accompaniment, pad action, upper/lower parts, arpeggio and auto harmonize into one track.  None of these tracks can record audio.  

The audio recorder records internal sounds or mic/line inputs to the USB thumb drive as a stereo WAV file. This recorder is a single track. No overdubbing.  

• Like 1