Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S Power Off/Power Saver?

hpunyon

Hi Everyone,

Been searching the docs, this forum, and the 'net.

Behavior:  PX-5S, Firmware 1.13 - If I power up the keyboard using the power adapter, and no batteries in the compartment, it eventually (after hours) seems to power itself off (screen dark) but will power up normally by simply pressing the power button.

Background:  Performed an outdoor show last weekend it was humid, and between sound check and the show, there was some drizzle, but the PX-5S was sheltered.  Played a 90 minute show with no issue, packed up and went home, but since there was the outdoor exposure, I brought it inside, and left the (ATA) case open so that any humidity trapped inside the keyboard or case would dry out.

The next day, I powered up and played for a few minutes, testing the keys, buttons, etc -- all working - so far, so good.

I decided to leave it powered up, and to my surprise, after a number of hours (not sure excatly, but more than 2 or 3) the LCD is dark - and it appears that the keyboard powered itself off.  I've repeated this 3 or 4 times, asked around the family, "Is anyone powering the Casio off?", and even put it in a room with low/no foot traffic (which also means a different a/c outlet.)  It still powers off, eventually.

Any ideas?  Is this a "feature"?  Memory leak?  Should I expect the PX-5S to remain powered up as long as there is A/C power?

• Anyone curious enough to leave their PX-5S powered up on a/c overnight, as a test?  :)

I honestly just want to know if anything is wrong, or going wrong, because when I test it, it does seem to work properly.

Many thanks,

-Harris