Video Files on Forum ×

WK-3000 "Blue Screen of Death"...!

88Keys

Well I turned on my trusty WK-3000 yesterday, and all I got was a screen that lit up blue (admittedly the normal color), but no response from the keys, speakers, or even text to read on the display.

At first I figured the power supply had gone, so I went out to buy 6 D-batteries. But alas, the result on batteries is the same.

Does anyone have any ideas at this point? I was wondering if some key combination on power up might be like a "hard reset" of the synth. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to open her up and look for cold solder joints or blown capacitors around the power board. Anyone with experience working on these boards that could give some insight? Thanks. :) 

• 5 years later...
On 7/26/2017 at 9:56 PM, 88Keys said:

Well I turned on my trusty WK-3000 yesterday, and all I got was a screen that lit up blue (admittedly the normal color), but no response from the keys, speakers, or even text to read on the display.

At first I figured the power supply had gone, so I went out to buy 6 D-batteries. But alas, the result on batteries is the same.

Does anyone have any ideas at this point? I was wondering if some key combination on power up might be like a "hard reset" of the synth. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to open her up and look for cold solder joints or blown capacitors around the power board. Anyone with experience working on these boards that could give some insight? Thanks. :) 

Hi, Did you ever get a solution for your Screen issue.