high pitched whine with USB connection.

raffivegas

Hi all, I've recorded a video showcasing a really high pitched whine I can't get rid of whenever I hook up the XW-PD1 to my computer with the USB cable.  The whine is present even when monitoring the XW-PD1 directly with headphones.  I've tried nearly everything: different computers, different audio interfaces/mixers, different outputs from the XW-PD1, the whine occurs even when the XW-PD1 is powered off.  Watch the vid please and you'll hear what I mean.  In my opinion, it renders the unit useless for DAW control.  Is there any way to overcome this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMFsBwl7Kg

Hey Brad, you're right on the money.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I didn't know what I should be searching for, but now I do.  I found several USB ground loop isolators on Amazon.  I saw that you had posted something else earlier and deleted it perhaps.  I was wondering if something like a Kenton USB Midi to DIN Midi might isolate the noise as well, but that might be less guaranteed.  In any case, I appreciate the response.  I'll probably update the thread once I confirm the issue has been resolved.