Video Files on Forum ×

Please help for MIDI control

fung

I know my question isn't something new but I still cannot find out the answer for the muffled issue using Kontakt. 

I have already set my PX5s to light velocity, low veclocity 0 and high 127. But the sound from the midi keyboard is still lower than that of  the virtual keyboard of Kontakt.

Do I need to setup the velocity curve in the Kontakt interfere ??(I am using Ivory II)

Can anyone please help me how to setup the curve???in order to produce the sound expected from the vitural keyboard???

please help< i have paid many money but now I still cannot produce the sound expected please help 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Try turning off all 4 zones.  Then turn on only 1.  By default, Kontakt receives midi on all channels at once.  Since the PX-5s can transmit on 4 zones at once, it can send 4 midi note on events of the same note at once.  Likely kontakt is piling those on top of each other giving you the volume increase.  When you have only 1 zone on, you will only be transmitting on 1 midi channel.