Yearning for Something New

AlenK

You know that feeling you get when you have recently bought a complicated product and you are learning what it can do and how to use it? Some Casio owners are feeling that right now, I'm sure. I was personally feeling it when I bought my XW-P1. I somehow didn't feel it with the PX-560. The latter is a great keyboard but it's not really inspiring me. I might have felt it had I chosen an MZ-X500 but I am holding out for something from Casio that will wow me even more.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled forum traffic. :) 

I hope that doesn't mean you're getting too bored to finish the XW P1 Companion Volume 2 Alen. That's something I'm yearning for.

But I know what you mean. The recent discussion of multi-sampling on the G1 has prompted me to finish writing up one final “trick” I've cooked up on my G1. I've been sitting on it for over 18 months because it's very fiddly but suppose I should get around to posting it.

I'm with you guy's on that, I've expanded on a few more keyboards such as the JD-Xi,
But I always see myself gravitating back to the XW it has more production and creativity

hours on it then all the others, even the software ones. I'm to lazy to write sum so I'll do it 

by releasing all files sooner or later. Since house hunting been on a hold I got some time to spend. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, AlenK said:

You know that feeling you get when you have recently bought a complicated product and you are learning what it can do and how to use it? Some Casio owners are feeling that right now, I'm sure. I was personally feeling it when I bought my XW-P1. I somehow didn't feel it with the PX-560. The latter is a great keyboard but it's not really inspiring me. I might have felt it had I chosen an MZ-X500 but I am holding out for something from Casio that will wow me even more.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled forum traffic. :) 

Dude, don't play the "hold out game".

You will NEVER decide and you will NEVER get anything done.

THAT is the truth....

Good advice! But in truth I'm holding out because I don't really NEED another keyboard right now. As you can see from my "office" setup (see my post in the Lounge) I don't have a habit of churning through gear! I might eventually pick up some sound modules (Roland's Integra 7 and the new D-05 are on my list) but I won't buy a new keyboard until something really special comes along. And I want it to have 76 keys; just because. :D