Casio Plans More Higjh-End Digital Pianos and Keyboards

I was perusing Casio's annual report for 2016 and found this very interesting statement from the Casio CEO:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"In the electronic musical instruments business, we will endeavor to develop new markets by marketing instruments at high price points, especially our full-featured pianos and high-quality keyboards. Specifically, we will market instruments to specialty musical instrument stores and music schools, and we will expand sales of keyboards in North America and Europe."

Kazuo Kashio
 Casio Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is great news! More high-end digital pianos and keyboards for pros and "prosumers".. next gen versions of the current line up or all new instruments??? . By the way,  this is also good for the casual user; the tech from the flagship models usually end up in mid-range instruments eventually, often in a more limited form. We're already seeing this with the Celviano AP-700: it has the three piano samples from the Grand Hybrid series. 

Go Go Casio! :2thu:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would be happy to see a Casio sound module PERIOD. I don't really need more keyboards (except for a 76 key super synth - from Casio I hope!). But having more sounds in hardware is always welcome (I like hardware - I'm old school). Some day I will pick up a lightly used INTEGRA 7. The recently released D-05 Boutique series module is tempting (I have a D-10). It's a D-50 in a little box.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!  The 76 key Casio MZ-X600... (we can only hope)...NAMM, Jan 2018 - Countdown to greatness.

1) 76 keys (semi weighted)

2) sliders (and knobs) programmable for "catch" or "jump"

3) better graphic interface

4) bigger display ... PLEASE

5) more assignable knobs (maybe 4?)

6) fluid motion on knobs instead of detented clicks

7) knobs option

6) sliders assignable for layers and split levels (maybe that does it already?)

7) vocorder

8) vocal harmony

What would you like to see in the next Casio MZ-X?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi skyy38,

It's interesting to note that Casio have recently been doing some specials, reducing the price of the PX5-S by US$200.

Also, the PX5-S was released at Winter NAMM 2013. This January will be exactly five years since the launch.

I hope they decide to bring out a replacement.

I have such faith in Mike Martin and Casio that I will buy it regardless.

I have said on several Forums that my PX5-S is probably my all time favourite keyboard purchase, although my recently

purchased Viscount Key B legend Live is now not far behind.

Chris

Someone said MZ -600? What about MZX-700 (or maybe the XW-V1)then? Metal synth-style casing, a third wheel at the left side, a heavier key action, (i love the Triton's keybed) a big meaty workstation that has the heft of the VZ-1 and the FZ-1 but in a nice deep blue or grey. Nice clean lines without too much clutter(as in the Montage) and go back to traditional red/green/orange LED indicaters.i'd Casio logo in bold white at the centre facing out as it should be. The knowhow's undoubtedly there. It's time to angle in and take a share.  Oh. And let's not forget to ask for the XW-V1R or XW-V1M (if you prefer) while we're at it. If we're going to fantasize, may as well do it right.