Video Files on Forum ×

LK 260 headphone question

warweeny

Hi all,

I just bought the casio LK 260 and i saw in the specs it had a headphone jack (3,5mm) so i assumed that if i plugged in my headphones ,i would get sound through that...but allas, i still get sound from the keyboard speakers.

Anything i need to do to get this working?

Thanks in advance

Regards

WW

You need to check the label on the LK-260 for the jack that you are connecting your headphones to.  If you are, in fact, connecting them to the 3.5 mm jack, then you are connecting them to the wrong jack.  The 3.5 mm jack on the rear of the LK-260 is an Audio INPUT jack for connecting the headphones output of a CD or MP-3 player, etc to play them through the LK-260's speakers (usually for playing along with backing tracks).  When viewing the LK-260 from the REAR, the jack furthest to the RIGHT is the PHONES/OUTPUT jack.  It is immediately to the RIGHT (viewing from the REAR) of the power connection and is a standard 1/4 inch TRS (Tip / Ring / Sleeve) stereo jack.  If your headphones are equipped with a 3.5 mm plug, then you will need to connect them to the LK-260 with a 3.5 mm to 1/4 inch stereo adapter plug:

https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Adapter-black/dp/B00142BZSY

4 hours ago, tnicoson said:

You need to check the label on the LK-260 for the jack that you are connecting your headphones to.  If you are, in fact, connecting them to the 3.5 mm jack, then you are connecting them to the wrong jack.  The 3.5 mm jack on the rear of the LK-260 is an Audio INPUT jack for connecting the headphones output of a CD or MP-3 player, etc to play them through the LK-260's speakers (usually for playing along with backing tracks).  When viewing the LK-260 from the REAR, the jack furthest to the RIGHT is the PHONES/OUTPUT jack.  It is immediately to the RIGHT (viewing from the REAR) of the power connection and is a standard 1/4 inch TRS (Tip / Ring / Sleeve) stereo jack.  If your headphones are equipped with a 3.5 mm plug, then you will need to connect them to the LK-260 with a 3.5 mm to 1/4 inch stereo adapter plug:

https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Adapter-black/dp/B00142BZSY

Yeah i noticed that as well.

Went to my local music store and got the 6.35mm jack, now i can play horrible music while nobody else is hearing it:banana:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

On 8/5/2017 at 2:34 AM, warweeny said:

Yeah i noticed that as well.

Went to my local music store and got the 6.35mm jack, now i can play horrible music while nobody else is hearing it:banana:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

There are gnomes that steal these adapters and all of a sudden it will turn up missing. So do yourself a favor and grab a few more when you get a chance. I keep a dozen in my toolbox. :-)  BTW: If your playing is bad, get the gold plated ones.. they instantly make you sound better! 

20120316092919745.JPG