Ceter Cancel on the MZ X 500

Terenceyoungnow

Ok I'm having an issue understanding how to use the Center Cancel function. I have recorded my wave file and I've loaded it on to the flash drive. I inserted the flash drive into the MZ X500. It will play the file. I push Center Cancel and It appears to start playing the file again but I can't hear anything? I go back and hit play again and it just plays it through again however nothing has changed. 

What steps am I missing to get it to Center Cancel on a selected wave file??

I'm sure there is a simple step i'm missing here but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :)

Hi there,  an exercise just to test that the Centre Cancel works: 

Plug in a mic, (important: without any mic effects applied),  go to Audio Recorder, press record and shout a few bars without music.  (like using it as a voice recorder).   Replay your recording to confirm your mic recording worked.  Now press the red Centre Cancel  button and replay the Take, and hopefully, all you'll hear is silence.  Well,  silent enough,eh? 

So it does work.  Although using the Centre Cancel function on third-party material is another matter.  Maybe someone can provide a link to suitable song files for this purpose?

Haven't tested the following idea:   using the MIXER,  if you were to pan all your left hand (Rhythm) tones, including drums, hard right and hard left, plus your mic vocal being central,  you might be able to make a passable karaoke audio recording that would be suitable material for the Centre Cancel?  Just a theory. :-) 

Do a Google search, and you'll see a lot of folk (including Yamaha keyboard owners) a bit underwhelmed with this voice cancel feature.  Could be folks were hoping for a magic way to make backing tapes of any pop song. :-) 

pureMagic.png

At the risk of stating the obvious ( to those who already know, that is ) the biggest enemy of ANY " Voice Canceller " that uses centre - cancelling, is REVERB!

ANY piece that includes a vocal track that's been heavily processed, e.g., with a stereo reverb, is going to cause problems - and, sometimes, those problems can be, literally, insurmountable, UNLESS you're prepared to accept a faint ( hopefully! ) "ghost vocal" sitting behind whatever it is you're trying to do?!!?

I can promise you it certainly wouldn't suit me!! ;)

I, obviously, have no idea what it is you're aiming to do, TERENCEYOUNGNOW, but if you're trying to create, for want of a better term, a "Backing Track", then, with the abilities that the X500 has, there must surely be more satisfying ( if, admittedly, more time-consuming! ) ways of achieving it.

Whatever, I genuinely wish you the very best in achieving your goal :) .......

...... And just a quick "ps " - if it IS a backing track you're trying to produce, then, unprofessional though this will sound, that "ghost" reverb track I mentioned, when mixed with what you, yourself, are playing / singing, may only actually be noticed by YOU!! :)

To any audience, if it's noticed at all, it may well simply sound like some reverb you're using on your own voice!! Just a thought mate! :)

Take care all

Chris