Video Files on Forum ×

wk 6600 volume controls

Hi can anybody tell me how to increase the volume on the split bass and not also have the upper tone also increase its volume.   Playing in a classic rock band and I am supplying the base sounds but when I boost the overall volume the organ upper part becomes way to loud drowning out the other guitars.  I have the manual but cannot understand what I should do.  

John

You use the WK-6600's MIXER section to control the levels of the various parts of a performance.  This is a 32 channel mixer: Channels A1 through A16 and Channels B1 through B16.  The "A" Channels are for controlling the parts of a live performance and the recording of the same.  The "B" Channels are used for recording "Track-At-A-Time" additions to data initially recorded with the "A" Channels.  So, at this point, you are only interested in the "A" Channels, as you are concerned with mixing a live performance.  In particular, you are only interested in Channels A1, A2, and A3.  Channel A1 controls the various parameters for the right hand "main" part (UPPER1).  Channel A2 controls parameters for the right hand layered part (UPPER2).  Channel A3 contols parameters for the left hand split part (LOWER).

Start with the WK-6600 powered off.  Power it up and set it up the way you want - select your right hand main tone, your right hand layer tone (if desired), your split point (if different than the default), and your left hand bass tone.  Press the MIXER button.  When you are in the MIXER section, the display is split vertically.  The left side shows text info, and the right side shows a graphical "channels vs. levels" grid.  At this point, it should be showing the "A" Channels, as indicated by an "A" at the lower left corner of the grid.  It should also be showing that Channel A1 is currently the selected channel as indicated by a heavy bar beneath the number "1" at the bottom of the grid.  If this is not the case, if it is showing the "B" Channels, or that some other channel than A1 is currently selected, keep pressing the left arrow button until the heavy bar is under Channel A1.  Once there, use the up and down arrow buttons to cycle through the various parameters that can be controlled for this channel, as shown by the text info in the left side of the display.  A heavy right arrow at the end of any line of text indicates a sub-menu that can be accessed by pressing the right arrow button, while that line is selected.  The phrase "Ent" at the end of any line of text indicates that you must press the Enter button, while that line is selected, to access its sub-menu.  A set of heavy brackets [[   ]] in a line of text indicates that that is the currenlty selected parameter that can be changed for that channel.  In your case, you want to navigate through these menus until you have a set of heavy brackets around [[Volume]] here on Channel A1.  Once you have that, you can use the data wheel or the plus/minus buttons (+/-) to set the desired volume of this channel.  Then, navigate to the other channels, or just to Channel A3, if you are not using a right hand layer tone, and work back and forth until you have the mix you want.  Now, even though, with practice, you can become adept at doing this fairly quickly, delving into the mixer between songs in a live performance is probably not a good idea.  If you need different mixes for different songs, I recommend setting each one of them up ahead of time and saving each one of them as a registration.  Then just switch registrations between songs, but typical of most keyboards, the WK-6600 does not allow you to name your registrations, so you would need to keep a separate manual set-list in order to keep track of which registration number goes with which song(s).

Good luck !