Control Map for Ableton please!

gilbodavid

The roland fa-07 is about to descend, with built in control map for ableton.

I'm about to sell my xw-g1 cos it is so difficult to control map to a daw.

I think casio would sell a ton more of these with control maps to ableton, cubase, etc. I've just bought my ex's 18yr old son a midi controller cos it maps automatically to ableton. 

a control map to ableton please? Then I can buy one...

Well, everyone can shoot me down in flames, if they choose, but I'm afraid  I couldn't DISAGREE more with the poster's assertion!

PLEASE don't get me wrong - In NO WAY am I setting myself up as the definitive X500 owner!

I'm simply stating my honest and genuine belief that, whatever the 

"demographic", ( or whatever word applies to a particular bunch of musicians! ) that Casio were targeting when they designed the X500, I just CANNOT believe that they even considered that NOT having a: " control map to ableton " might be such a game-changer that it would adversely affect worldwide sales!!

Likewise, I don't believe that ANY of the, average, X500 owners, are regretting their purchase and wishing they'd bought a controller keyboard instead!!

Personally, I'll just continue to enjoy my X500, blissfully unaware of the omissions I didn't even know it had!??! :)

Take care all 

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

It would be really helpful if you could advise me on this question related to this topic:

Does MZ X500 have control map for any other DAW (rather than Abelton)?

If so which DAWs does it support?

And another question not related, but you may help me:

Does MZ X500 record or send the recorded song's MIDIs and Audios in separated lines as a prepared project directly to any DAW?

e.g I play and record something with 5 midi and 2 audio lines on the keyboard and need to open, edit and mix it easily as a ready project (not line by line) in a DAW ?