Steinway Grand Model D download

JohnH

I have recently purchased the Privia PX-560 and have tried to download the Steinway D file but have been unsuccessful in getting the piano to pick up the file. I have previously downloaded other files OK.

I can see two 1K files in the music dat folder on the USB stick in the computer.When I insert the USB into the piano I have selected  layer 1 in the piano section but can still not pick up any data off the USB.  

I have that tone (and several others from this forum) installed on my 560. Try pressing the Grand Piano button first. This will select the standard grand piano into the upper 1 section. Then go to media, load the new Steinway D tone and save into an empty user slot in the piano section. This should only fail if you are trying to load an hex-layer tone into a slot outside the hex-layer section or vice-versa. So, make sure you have a tone from the piano category as your upper 1 tone.Then, load the corresponding registration, go to Tone, select the new Steinway D as upper 1, and save the registration. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...