PX5S editing software compatibility with OSX 10.5.8

Drum

I have a head scratching issue with the PX5S editing software and I hope someone can help.

My laptop is a Macbook 2GHz Intel Core Duo running 10.5.8 (ancient but it works) which I believe falls within the stated specs of the software as listed on this page :

http://support.casio.com/en/support/information.php?cid=008&pid=33

I've downloaded the Mac OS version of the editing software from this page :

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=58

I followed the instructions, unpacked the downloaded file and copied the programme to my apps folder.

But when I try to open it, I get a message that the programme can't be opened because "it is not supported on this architecture".

Has anybody got any ideas why this might be ?

If anybody could let me know on what (ancient) OSX they have a working version of the PX5S edit software, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan and welcome to the forums. PX-5S is awesome, yes?

So I'm  Not a Mac user so I can't help you with a test, but I can tell you that version of MAC OSX is supported.

Thinking back, I seem to recall there was some issues with Macs and the data editor, but I think it had to do with the unzipping (unpacking?).. Maybe some others can chime in and help jog my memory on this issues. Sit tight -- help is on the way!

I have version 1.0.1 running on my MacBook Pro, and have had it on a few versions. I don't know how far back that went (I suppose I could look at the date of the application and figure out what version of macOS was latest back then). I also have a MacBook that runs 10.6.8 (the latest macOS that machine can run), but if I test it on that, I don't know if that would help you.

Theoretically, it should run on any Intel-based Mac running whatever version on macOS the compatibility page says and later. The only thing that I can think of that might be an issue is 32 vs 64 bit processors, and since you say you have a Core Duo and not Core 2 Duo, maybe that's it.