Hex layer volume balance not saving within a registration?

Rudolph R-N R

This can't be right.  I'm building up a registration, one of them is a hex layer.  Pressing the tone button and then select, you see the layers and can adjust the volume with the sliders.  Fantastic design!

So i adjust the volume balance of the hex layers to my liking and then save the registration.  But the volume balancing i just performed and thought i saved does NOT save to the registration, it goes back to the original hex layer volume balance.  

Please tell me it ain't so or that I'm missing something.  Casio wouldn't cheap out on a supremely small amount of extra memory it would take to accommodate that for the registrations-??

Randy

Brad,

Thanks,   Thats long been a pet peeve of mine, being forced to save an edited Tone to a User slot.  At least on the MZ it's not an onerous process dealing with User Tones, each sound category has its own User Tones, which makes finding them easy (much much worse on the WK7600).

However, like all these saving schemes that rely on a slot, I'm forced to keep that same sound in that exact User slot / number, otherwise the registrations that use it will just use whatever happens to be in the slot.  Hence the solid arguement for being able to make an edit to a Tone and having that edit saved with the registration.  Come to think of it, what I'm suggesting doesn't preclude the existing system, you could still have 'master' User Tones that correspond to a slot position / number, but you could also choose to not save your edit that way, simply store the registration after editing and that unique editing would never be lost because the User Tones were shuffled in their slots.

And come to think of it, what you save to the registrations could be JUST the volume changes.  That would make a lot of sense, because adjusting the volume levels between the layers is something that could be customized for that registration.

Anyway, rant over, thanks as always for your help!

Randy

Casio does allow for quite a few per registration settings.  For example, to adjust the balance between Tones you go to Main Menu --> Balance and those changes are saved to a registration.  And then, in their official edit menu, yet another volume setting, that is not the same as the one just set in the Main Menu Balance screen, and these edits are saved to the User Tone.

Casio, I don't know if you listen to such, but it would be an extremely helpful and easy change in the software.  Populate the Tone page with volume controls.  One of the single biggest changes i make to my registrations, every single one, is the relative volume between Tones, and why, when half the screen is typically not being used, couldn't there be an accommodation for volumes between the Tones on that page, which are then saved to the registration?  

And this applies too for the drawbar organs and hex layers.  You already have volume controls for those on the Tone page, enable the software to save those per registration right from the Tone page, and save making the user save to a User Tone for when they go into edit mode.  Makes a lot of sense and makes everything much faster and user friendly..

The MZ is very intuitive now, as deep as Ive gone, but this is such an obvious and probably simple change that would save many button presses, button presses i make very very often.  There's no reason I can see not to have access on the Tone page to the volumes of the 4 tones in a registration, and the ability to save those as well as Hex Tone layer volumes and Drawbar Organ volumes.

Thanks,

Randy