HELP! no sound being played back after recording phrase

drzaeis

Unfortunately, I have no ideas. It has always worked for me. The lack of a metronome sound merely means that Guide happens to be turned off. When you say you "write the phrase" do you mean you are saving it in a user phrase memory? Have you tried turning off and on the machine then explicitly selecting and playing back the phrase you thought you recorded (and presumably saved with a unique name so you can be sure you are calling up the right one)?  

Keep plugging away! I believe you will find it worth the effort. Here are the major resources that will help you make sense of your uniquely capable keyboard:

(1) Live clinics from Mike Martin, GM of Marketing, Electronic Musical Instruments at Casio America. See here.

(2) A series of tutorial videos here. They concern the XW-P1 but if you happen to have a G1 (you didn't say) there is still plenty that will apply (obviously not the sixth tutorial concerning Hex Layer mode). 

(3) A document called The XW-P1 Companion, available here. Again, while it is written for the XW-P1 a lot of it will apply to the G1. Don't look at this one before the others above, however; it's a little more advanced and only covers how to synthesize sounds. It doesn't cover how to use the sequencers. 

7 minutes ago, drzaeis said:

alenk if i follow the steps in the tutorial. hit rec button, it blinks, i play a chor then hit play button to stop. if i hit play again, no sound...

Can you play a preset phrase? If you can that would confirm that the problem is recording the phrase, not its playback.

Try switching to another Performance. Perhaps something funny is going on with the one you are using.