Video Files on Forum ×

Hi,

I recently purchased a CTK6200. Discovered that if I have autocomp on and

the last thing I did before playing was selecting one of the rythms transpose

behaves somewhat strange. It transposes my melody as it should but it also

advances to the next rythm in the selected rythm bank. If I instead prior to

playing push any tone bank it sticks to selected rythm and transposes both that

and what I am playing with my right hand. Exactly what I suppose it to do.

Is my keyboard faulty or is this behavior normal? It is not a big problem if I

only remember to select an instrument as the last thing I do before starting

to play but I really could do without this. Factory reset?

Kjell

What you are experiencing with your CTK-6200 is definitely NOT normal.  The Transpose feature has absolutely nothing to do with Rhythm "selection".  It should only offset the Auto-Accompaniment tuning by the same amount as the right hands tones.  I would say that, when you think you are doing a transpose, you really do not have the Transpose Function active, and are actually still in Rhythm select mode, but if that were true, you would not be getting the transpose that you are, in fact, getting.  BUT . . . just to be sure, make certain that you are keeping the Function button firmly  pressed down as you press the +/- buttons to set the Transpose amount.  There is the possibility of an intermittent (defective) Function button that is switching very quickly in and out of Transpose mode, causing you to get two, otherwise unrelated, actions as you are trying to set the Transpose amount with +/- buttons.

You can try a factory reset by doing an "Initialize - All" per the instructions on Page E-100 in the manual, but you would need to save any User data (Tones, Rhythms, Songs, Registrations, etc.) to an SD Card first.

If the reset does not resolve the problem, you should contact the retailer where you purchased the unit ASAP for a repair or a replacement - depending upon how long you have had it and whether it did this right out of the box.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your prompt answer tnicoson!

Luckily the initialize fixed it! Otherwise it would have been a problem as I bought the keyboard via internet from a shop in Germany. And I am living in Sweden. The fault

was not there when I received the instrument so something has occured the weeks

after that. By the way, have learnt a lot from this forum just by reading the posts!

Kjell

Kjell

Glad you were able to get things sorted with a reset.  I was not counting on that, as your symptoms were really not those of something that can normally be fixed with a reset.  Even if the reset had not worked, you should still have been able to arrange a warranty repair with Casio Corporate, if it is still under warranty, but you would have had to suffer the down time and the shipping charges, where as, many local shops will replace boards with early failures outright for local customers, if their stock permits.  Perhaps this would be a good time for me to recommend doing an "AllData" backup of your User data to an SD Card from time to time (right hand column of Page E-97), in case you need to do other resets for any reason.

I am also happy to hear that you are finding this forum useful.  That is what we are here for.  I hope you have many enjoyable hours with your new CTK-6200.

• 2 weeks later...

An update of the subject.

Probably my problem was more a result of poor handling of the keys! 

After the initialize this problem turned up again but after some testing I found that I not always pressed the function key firmly enough and hence the plus key reacted as if I intended to change rhythm as well. As I tried to transpose songs while playing using two fingers on my right hand it was not so easy to obtain needed result. So I suspect the initialize procedure did not really made any difference. Should really exercise more playing in different keys instead of using the tranpose function but I'm lazy!