Recording phrases

CasioCTK

I need advice from experienced users here. I would like to record phrase with another tone than Upper 1, e.g. Sax or Trumpet when Upper 1 is Elec. Piano. Even in tutorial there are no details about how to record such phrases. I tried it many times and everytime the phrase was recorded with Elec. Piano tone, although I selected BigBand Sax, some Guitar or Voice. Just once I think I got normal piano tone when Strings selected. :( But I am not able to repeat even this experience. :(

I just saw that Phrase tone enable should be Off to get all notes sequence as played during recording. When set to On, notes played during pad playback depend on chords played in accompaniment.

Please, can somebody advice me in detail all settings for recording phrase with another tone than Upper 1?

Thanks, Brad, but I am still doing something wrongly. Here are photos of keyboard display. On the first one you can see, that Guitar Set and Clean Guitar is selected for recording. When playing now on keyboard, Elec.Organ4 would sound (it is Upper 1). On the fifth photo - just before recording - you can see Temporary instead of Clean Guitar. And on the last photo - just after recording - there is Elec.Organ4 tone recorded.

Phrase tone enable On or Off has no impact on this behaviour. Changing pad parts for recording has also no impact. How can I change pad parts and their tones for playback? Because setting Select > Part (Enter) > any part number after recording has no impact on tone - it is apparently not playback setting, just setting for possible next record.

P8202185.thumb.JPG.2c877447b3ce8d6eaaf5d6e162713d42.JPGP8202186.thumb.JPG.77cb2e9e674e74dc7a91d9ed116c2cc8.JPGP8202187.thumb.JPG.2ea3f81897f13b07c3d467a15c175212.JPGP8202188.thumb.JPG.43d1a78ac222e7d763b34b69600d4459.JPGP8202189.thumb.JPG.c9dab535281aab607d3e860ba39221a3.JPGP8202190.thumb.JPG.12f0b26c87fb8ad38c82f6a0b4d7ec66.JPG

In your photos, Guitar Set is the name of the pad bank, Clean guitar is the name of the preset phrase, and tone electric organ is the name of the recorded tone. Before you record a phrase, you have to select the tone you want to record in upper 1.  If you want clean guitar, select the clean guitar tone for upper 1, then record the phrase. The phrase name will change to "temporary" until you press pad edit and rename and write the new phrase to memory.  Next time that phrase plays, it will play the clean guitar tone, even if you change pad part select to another part.   

• Like 1