Why WOULDN'T one buy MZ X500 ?

adimatis

How do you like the manual for MZ? Is it useful?

No, the user manual is not clear, nor the downloadable tutorial, I use the MZ X 500 in a basic way, 
and I had before a CTK 6000 and a WK 7600, I know a few of the functions . 

But, why compare the MZ X to other keyboards?

9 hours ago, MANY said:

No, the user manual is not clear, nor the downloadable tutorial, I use the MZ X 500 in a basic way, 
and I had before a CTK 6000 and a WK 7600, I know a few of the functions . 

But, why compare the MZ X to other keyboards?

"Who has never tasted bitter, knows not what is sweet"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no complaints about my MZ-X500 - fabulous value for money and an inspiring musical instrument.

The original post was "Why shouldn't I buy...."

I have one answer

If I was buying again now I would be concerned that Casio had dropped it already. Mine has a 5 year warranty and I question whether Casio will even remember it in 5 years. Now this is based purely on all the available information and feedback. I SO hope I'm wrong BUT that is now only one reason I might not buy it. Everything else about it is excellent - seriously.

I don't even know if it is discontinued or not!!!!

Come on Casio, give those other manufacturers a kick and put some effort into this range (or was it a mistake?)

Pete 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 11:51 PM, adimatis said:

Rick, weren't you (or maybe you're still) member of korgpa forums too? I realise now I might have seen your name in there maybe? I myself am a member there, but have not posted in years I think. I used to have a Pa50. And btw, somehow, X500 reminds me of the sound of Triton engine... Which I quite enjoyed!

On topic, I was actually thinking of that - should I wait for a possible 76 version? I know there is a strong demand for that, or at least strong suggestion to Casio, but it's obviously hard to anticipate what they might do or not...

Have you seen this? I quite like Casio sound... less polished in a sense, more discreet efx, but not bad. I think the general eq adjusting could help taking away a little bit of the muddiness and make it more open sounding. But I like how it holds on. And I like drums better than Roland - figure that out! ;)

May I know where can I find this rythm in my mzx500?

• 4 weeks later...