Video Files on Forum ×

CGP 700 sustain pedal issue

roblo1

Hi

I bought a CGP 700 series piano that I use to gig with. The sustain pedals, I have 2, the one that came with the unit and the one I have used for years, an M series. On every keyboard I have ever had when using the sustain pedal the sound has faded, this keyboard does not. The sound stays at one level and when you release the pedal it cuts off abruptly. Is there a work around to this? If not I will have to return this keyboard. These pedals are single pedal units,  It sustains and fades with just voice one ,piano, but if i add a second voice such as strings it will not fade.

• 5 weeks later...

I see.  But this is the expected behavior. What you can do is to try to assign a different stings.

Maybe some of them will work as you need. I may try to check whether any strings fades while sustain is on.

You also can reduce level on the strings channel.

Privia does not provide access to articulation(expression) though an external pedal.

You could try to control it over an external MIDI controller with a pedal or over breath control on another keyboard :) 

But that would be too exotic.

As a workaround if you do not need to perform it live you can record in DAW and modify level of dynamics for the strings channel for every note.

Thank you for your response. I will check other strings to see if they will fade away. All of my other keyboards, Yamaha and Kurzweil have this ability. I do have to perform live so it is very important to me, not to have to end a song abruptly. I have the CGP 700 not the privia