Video Files on Forum ×

Insert Efx

Rudolph R-N R

Tried finding this in the manuals but saw nothing.

1. There are 2 DSP insert efx available at any given time, right?  How do those get assigned?  I can create User Tones with insert efx, and if all 4 in a registration has insert efx, how is it determined which 2 tones get the insert efx?

2.  I'm creating User Tones, and the Tone I'm working on is the only one sounding.  However, even with the insert efx assigned and set to full tilt using the x-y grid, it's not affecting the sound- why not?  

3. Are Insert efx assignable to individual layers in a Hex tone or only to all 6 layers?

4. Do all of the drawbar organs use the rotary insert efx?

Thanks,

Randy

1) One insert is for upper lower parts. One insert is for auto accompaniment.  Upper 1 usually takes priority, or the first chosen tone with an insert effect.  All other tones in the lower and other upper will not have an effect.  You can manually reroute DSP line 2 to another upper or lower part using the mixer, but keep in mind that will leave rhythms with no insert effect option.

2) See answer 1

3) Each layer has a DSP on/off button

4) No

As always, thanks Brad!

Serious bug report! 

So i was playing around with the mixer setting and DSP, using your info.  I assigned DSP 2 to another Tone (Upper 2), and in another attempt, to one of the layers in a Hex Tone:

1. On the Edit page I chose Effects 

2. Choosing any DSP (tried ring mod, phaser, etc.)

3. Using XY grid I hear a loud pop

4. No sound from keyboard, even when i switch to different registrations, and there's a kind of scratchy sound from the volume knob from about 8:00 to 10;00

5. Switching off/on the keyboard brings the keyboard back to normal

6. Same results trying to apply DSP to a Hex Tone or any Tone

Freaked me out the first time!