The Purchasing Saga Pt2: Unexpected developments:

MrSteveVee

Hi all, this is the continuation of the keyboard purchase saga from Bax. Apologies that it is a bit long winded and apologies  for my quirky English humour!

So last night I packed up the keyboard and delivered it to the UPS pickup point. I then Emailed customer services to inform them that it was on its way before returning to perfect my Ralph Maten impersonations

This morning wondering downstairs muttering "Was ist für das Frühstück" when I heard a ding dong from the doorbell, My good lady wife went off to see who it was and returned with.......the power supply!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How, why! Customer telephone support had said they had not shipped it as there was a glitch. Customer Email support confirmed there was a problem and it had not shipped, Ralph Maten had said "Es gibt keinen Löffel", but they lied, they lied!! It had been shipped, it was chugging away to me all along except no one had actually notified anyone about it

Aghh panic panic what to do! I quickly ran outside to jump in the car, heard a neighbour scream, quickly ran back indoors, got dressed, then repeated the manoeuvre! I raced down to the UPS drop of point, keeping to the limits but revving the engine like mad so that it got me there faster. Screeching to a halt I charged into the shop and begged for the return of my parcel waving my receipt manically to the staff, onlookers and a nearby pedestrian.

Chastened by the chorus of "back of the line" I waited my turn before pleading with the shop keeper. "sorry" informed the shopkeeper in a passive tone, it was collected this morning

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I left the shopkeep my number in case he had somehow misplaced it! and slowly slouched back to the car. What a dingbat, if I had just waited one more day.
Aha! Maybe I could get it from UPS delivery depot. I poodled off home, revving the engine even harder.

Back home I phoned UPS. After what appeared to be several years they called back and informed me that they had not actually picked up any parcels from that pickup point so it must still be there.

AHA!! I knew it, they had lied as well. Its a conspiracy, a trick, they want to keep my precious!

In a half deluded state I raced back to the drop of point and charged up to the shopkeep and stammered in a non stop voice. Its still here, UPS said they have not picked it up, You are wrong, it has not gone, gimme gimme!

The Shop keep just looked at me. No smile, no smirk, not even a raised eyebrow. He slowly looked at the corner that had one tiny parcel deposited today, and looked back at me.

Sob! it was gone. Winging its way back to the Netherlands and now UPS has lost it too! Yesterday I had a keyboard without a power supply. Today I had a power supply without a keyboard. I thanked the shop keep and drove home. My wife ran up to me and in an effort to cheer me up said "Willst du Sex" But even that failed to cheer me up, and I made a mental not to delete those darn Ralph Maten videos from the recorder

I sat in my armchair and quietly cried to myself, my left hand wandered off to find a beer and I wallowed in self pity.

The phone rang
"Guten Tag" I said
"This is the shopkeep. Are you the guy chasing a parcel that frightened away all my customers"
"Ya"
"Well UPS have just delivered it back to me. Can you please collect as its blocking my doorway"
WHAT!!! Yes YES YEEEES!

Thank you UPS. Thank you shopkeep. I now have the keyboard and  I have the power supply and I am now going to conjoin the two forever and play play PLAY all night

Thanks for reading all is trueish with a little exaggeration and maybe wishful thinking with the wife!!
Speak later
Steve
Translations:
Was ist für das Frühstück: What is for breakfast
Es gibt keinen Löffel : There is no spoon (Matrix) 
Willst du Sex: Do you want sex

• Like 1

Thanks all, it looks like the keyboard suffers from key clatter on some of the keys as others have reported  on theirs and may have been the reason it was  returned to become B stock but everything else seems to be working fine so I can live with this as its only home use and more an annoyance than a hindrance

I have been busy diving into menus to see how to drive this beast. Immense fun,  at first I thought it was a bit reduced with tones rhythms held togetiher by  registrations  but about an hour ago I found the music pre sets,  Oh yes! 

The next step its to work out what the difference between a registrationand and a musical pre set is but as my 2 year old Grandson is here at the moment so it is put away safely as he only wants to jam on it with the jam in sandwich

Speak later

Steve