Are there any styles/rhythms available?

adimatis

Hi guys!

I tried to use the search function of the forum, but it seems it is not working. Error EX0. So, I am sorry if this was discussed already (and probably it was once or twice) but I was thinking, are there resources available for MZ-X500?

I'd be interested in rhythms especially, created from ground or converted from Yamaha, or from other brands.

About a week ago I did find a website filled with Latin styles, but it is not my cup of tea so to speak. I'd be interested in Pop, Country, maybe Disco/Dance.

And free would be amazing! :) 

Thanks! 

Adi

Thank you, I will look into these. 

I was thinking, should be possible to have such a data base here on the forum? Which would hopefully slowly (or rapidly) grow then. If all goes well and I'll end up getting the X500, I'd love to create and share some of these materials. 

In about a week I should know. ;)

Rick, are those styles available? ;) 

http://www.casioteclados.com.br seems to be very well organized and has great collection rhythms for X500. There is little though that I could use probably only a number of them. But thank you for the link.

Also, after having a look at http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-s970.html, I realized I know very little about Yamaha's formats. I've only used Roland and Korg before.

So, which format of the many I see in the archives (.bcs, .prs, .sst,) will work for the conversion? All?

Maybe I am getting a little bit ahead of myself, I should explore first how I could actually make along with X500. :) But I am excited to find out more...

Thanks!

Adi

Adi,

I've converted BCS, PRS and STY in the past to both KORG and X500. If you edit the file suffix (bcs, prs, sty etc) to .mid and then can play the file in a midi player then it should convert. I sometimes will take those files into a midi editor like Sonar and tweak them before converting them with the X500.  The following arrangement of channel assignments works best for me ...

Channel 9 = Percussion

Channel 10 = Drums

Channel 11 = Bass

Channel 12 - 16 = Accompaniment 1 thru 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we are at it, can you tell me please, when you work in Sonar with X500 as a sound generator, how easy is it to actually work with it as 16 tracks module? For instance, with Korg Pa50 it was a constant headache as I used to move constantly between style and song mode... And was rather difficult I found to obtain good results... A tedious process.

What is your workflow if you wanted to record something MIDI, into the Sonar, using rhythms accompaniment of Casio?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, adimatis said:

If we are at it, can you tell me please, when you work in Sonar with X500 as a sound generator, how easy is it to actually work with it as 16 tracks module? For instance, with Korg Pa50 it was a constant headache as I used to move constantly between style and song mode... And was rather difficult I found to obtain good results... A tedious process.

What is your workflow if you wanted to record something MIDI, into the Sonar, using rhythms accompaniment of Casio?

Thanks!

Pretty straightforward actually.  Record  using MIDI record on the MX-500 then just load the resulting MIDI file into Sonar using my INS file to define the keyboard of course. ;-)

Is there a way to set up a Sonar project with 16 tracks, have the X500 connected through MIDI, assign the right tones from within Sonar and then record using the arranger facilities? Basically, a way to record through MIDI out the accompaniment tracks and once recorded IN SONAR, to be edited and then played back properly by X500 as sound generator...

I hope it makes sense what I ask... :) 

If this would be possible, this workflow would be best for me. THIS I couldn't really achieve before.

Then of course, each track would be rendered into an audio file and mixing phase can be done.

THanks! 

6 hours ago, adimatis said:

Is there a way to set up a Sonar project with 16 tracks, have the X500 connected through MIDI, assign the right tones from within Sonar and then record using the arranger facilities? Basically, a way to record through MIDI out the accompaniment tracks and once recorded IN SONAR, to be edited and then played back properly by X500 as sound generator...

I hope it makes sense what I ask... :) 

If this would be possible, this workflow would be best for me. THIS I couldn't really achieve before.

Then of course, each track would be rendered into an audio file and mixing phase can be done.

THanks! 

Yes to all except you would need to record each audio track separately in Sonar via the audio out from the X500. There is no multitrack audio recording in the X500 

Adi,

One of the features I REALLY like in Sonar (Artist) is the Patch Browser. If you know any part of a patch's name you can quickly locate the patch and assign it to a track ... In the image below  ...

1. I typed in 'pick'

2. the patch browser then shows me all the X500  patches with 'pick' in the name

3. I double left click on Picked Bass 2 to assign it to the selected channel 16

PatchBrowser.thumb.jpg.f22d85b1ed03fb4af6d9f99ef858dd3a.jpg

On 31. 8. 2017 at 3:00 PM, Rick Sterling said:

Adi,

I've converted BCS, PRS and STY in the past to both KORG and X500. If you edit the file suffix (bcs, prs, sty etc) to .mid and then can play the file in a midi player then it should convert. I sometimes will take those files into a midi editor like Sonar and tweak them before converting them with the X500.  The following arrangement of channel assignments works best for me ...

Channel 9 = Percussion

Channel 10 = Drums

Channel 11 = Bass

Channel 12 - 16 = Accompaniment 1 thru 5

Hi Rick,

I have imported Yamaha BCS, PRS, STY and SST styles and it was always done automatically with that channel assignments you mentioned, without any tweaking. I am very happy with that feature.

Ladislav

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been shared/covered. There are two "Global Rhythm" sets available (free) from Casio for MZ-X300/500, 40 rhythms and 20 rhythms respectively, here:

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1252

After downloading and installing, ensure you hit default the tempo (press Tempo up & down buttons simultaneously) for each pattern, and try the Intro 1 on both minor & major chords for clues on potentially compatible songs/genres.

MZ-X Global Rhythms links.JPG

• 3 months later...

It took me a bit, I noticed after downloading and extracting these .zip files I ended up with .zpk file and a PDF rhythm list, I noticed .zpk was not listed as a supported file type on pg. 61 on basic guide...I tried "load","load all" after selecting "rhythm" no good...finally tried .."load"..."package" this loaded all the vol.1 rhythms to next available user rhythm slots..then the same with the vol.2..so I'm guessing .zpk signifies package?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 9:25 AM, Silvano Silva said:

http://www.casioteclados.com.br/mundomzx

Styles Latin and more

Hey Silvano, i don’t speak portugese, didn’t see any way to download the many rythym examples on the page that has all the soundcloud audio examples.  Wonderfully organized!  Great to have audio examples!

19 hours ago, Randelph said:

Hey Silvano, i don’t speak portugese, didn’t see any way to download the many rythym examples on the page that has all the soundcloud audio examples.  Wonderfully organized!  Great to have audio examples!

Search for "Downloads dos Ritmos" on that page.

Try this link ...

http://www.casioteclados.com.br/mundomzx#ritmos_gratuitos

7 minutes ago, Timzcasio said:

I haven't seen the above screen, it also says "MP3" does that mean an audio type of file?

Yes, an MP3 is an audio file. By the way, DO NOT load any of the ZAL files above before you save all your current settings and custom tones/rhythms. A ZAL file will over-write all user data in your keyboard so be sure to back up your work first!