new Korg Pa700

adimatis

From my perspective Casio need their customers to start to look at them as a professional supplier rather than just a cheap consumer supplier as perceived here in the UK so I doubt that they will react to this at all, merely look at what is being offered and try to gauge how the customer respond and what sales are made using this information as a guide for any future designs and developments. In my opinion Casio need to concentrate more on promoting their current line up better first. For example the MZ-X300/500 is not even sold in the UK and to tempt the pro's they will need to show a steady release of more rythm/styles plus  get more 3rd party developers to buy into development of them.

Steve 

• Like 2

Yes PA 700 may be better PA 1000 definitely better but at 1200£ and 1700£ comparison is not realistic I had my MZ X500 brand new for 500£ and after watching videos of new Korg arrangers I would definitely like to have PA 1000 that would be an upgrade not sure PA 700 is much better than MZ X500 i.e 700£ better.

6 minutes ago, Lobbard said:

£1200 pounds!....  Did you say: twelve hundred pounds? . (in falsetto)  TWELVE ...HUNDRED....POUNDS!!!

Er, no ta' ,  but thanks anyway for sharing the 'new competition' links. :)

...And where are the sixteen,  multi-function velocity PADS?  

Velocity pads you say for 1200£ only common you have to pay more for that.😀

Korg PAs are the slowest to boot-up and load.   There seems to be little change with the PA 700 in this aspect, over the PA 600.  This is an important feature for me when I get inspiration or have a musical idea I want to get down quickly.   I'm not alone even Miles Davis is reputed to have rushed around to his friends house, in the middle of the night, to get a  new 'riff' down quickly before he lost it !

• Like 1

On 01/09/2017 at 4:49 AM, adimatis said:

Just came in my email this morning...

A new competition. http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa700/

I'd like to see how and when will Casio react. ;) 

Firstly an update needed for bug fixes on the MZ-X line.
After winning the most demanding customers launch a new MZ-X making customers continue to brand fans.

We can not even compare any other keyboard that loads samples with MZX, 
because unfortunately the casio does not deliver what it promises, 
it launches an instrument that says to be able to use samples but can not use due to the bugs,
 errors that it presents when it loads some samples , a year ago I bought the MZ-X500 and can not work with it,
 even with the latest update, 1.50, I still hope that one day I can use it on the stage, 
if there is a new update to correct, but for now, currently using a PA50 from Korg.

The songbook feature is really nice, I wish Casio would implement this.  Keeping track of song locations by registration numbers is a real pain.  Besides having to keep a cross-reference chart handy, one mistake in saving to a used registration and you wipe out another song.  Can't tell you how many times this has happened to me when I'm in a rush.

I know it isn't fair to compare the PA-1000 but with the built in TC Helicon vocal processor AND a guitar input with FX it could eliminate two pieces of gear that I now hook up when I have a guitar accompany me (the vocal processor and a mixer).  Worth thinking about.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:17 PM, Casiokid said:

Korg PAs are the slowest to boot-up and load.   There seems to be little change with the PA 700 in this aspect, over the PA 600.  This is an important feature for me when I get inspiration or have a musical idea I want to get down quickly.   I'm not alone even Miles Davis is reputed to have rushed around to his friends house, in the middle of the night, to get a  new 'riff' down quickly before he lost it !

Very true, I've sold my PA600 also for this reason...

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, Casiokid said:

I just phone home and hum my musical idea into the answering machine.