Use of pedals

Brian560

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am soon to be a Prvivia PX-560 owner as I just ordered a bundle package.  Speaking about connecting pedal controllers, I read that the PX-560 has only two 1/4" pedal input jacks. And I see some bundles selling it with the wooden stand and the rack with 3 pedals mounted to it.  So my question is, if the PX-560 only has two pedal inputs, how is the 3rd pedal connected and used?   Anyone notice this or have experience with the 3 pedals setup on the PX-560?

The three-pedal unit works only with the CS-67 stand. Electrically, it connects to a special connector on the bottom of the keyboard. I have the stand but not the three-pedal unit (although I may yet buy it). For opinions on it just look back in this forum far enough. 

26 minutes ago, AlenK said:

The three-pedal unit works only with the CS-67 stand. Electrically, it connects to a special connector on the bottom of the keyboard. I have the stand but not the three-pedal unit (although I may yet buy it). For opinions on it just look back in this forum far enough. 

Okay, thanks for the response.  I take then that there is a 3rd pedal input connector underneath the keyboard which I haven't seen mentioned in all the many reviews and video demos of this PX-560.

All three pedals of the three-pedal unit connect to this connector (it's one connection). The two quarter-inch pedal jacks in the back remain free when you have the three-pedal unit connected. So you can still, for example, connect an expression pedal for synth or organ stuff. 

I purchased the three pedal unit (Casio SP-33 approx. £40), it connects via one lead to the underside of the keyboard. It sits perfectly against the back legs of my Gator Frameworks Keyboard Stand - which I have instead of the wooden frame (Casio CS-67) as I need to frequently take the keyboard elsewhere.

One doesn't have to buy the wooden stand to use the three pedal unit -  though I guess you could say that aesthetically it would look better - one more visible lead doesn't make much difference in my case! 😁 I'm sure you'll get great use and enjoyment from your purchase infobits.

Okay, I understand now how they connect that 3 pedals board to the PX-560.  I didn't buy this 3 pedal setup. I was just curious as to how they connected 3 pedals when I thought there were only 2 pedal input jacks on the back of the unit.  I ordered a PX-560 bundled with portable X-stand and bench seat, not the nice wooden cabinet as I have no room for it in my spaces. I also am just a beginning keyboard player/learning. Not a pro.  In the future I also am considering buying the 3 pedals board and modifying it to stay stable without mounting to the wooden cabinet.

Thank You all for answering my question. I understand how it's connected now.