Metronome Volume

Valpx560

Hello,

when I reduce the metronome volume in the balance section and then I save the current registration, at next switch on of the PX 560, the reduced metronome volume value is lost (back to 127).

Is that normal or what is needed to store the metronome volume in a registration?

Try changing the volume of other parts from the BALANCE screen (e.g., Accompaniment). If they don't seem to be savable to the current registration either it means that none of the BALANCE parameters are savable. I haven't had time to try this myself. Tellingly, I don't see the BALANCE parameters listed on page EN-80 of the User's Guide, which shows which parameters saved in a registration can be protected from change when you load a new registration to replace the currently active one. This suggests, but does not prove, that the BALANCE parameters are not savable (hence no need to include them on this screen). 

Thanks Alenk

The other parameters present in the balance screen, that I have reduced (Lower 1/2 Volume and Accomp. Volume) are correctly saved and recalled in various registrations, but the metronome volume is always reset to the 127 value at switch on of the piano. I don't know if the metronome volume is a parameter associated to every registration or is a global parameter, but also in this case there should be a way to store a value to avoid re-setting it again after every power on of the piano.

In the controller screen, where it is possible to set on or off the possibility to esclude recalling the various parameters, all parameters are in off state (so, all parameters are recalled). 

May be somebody could try on its px 560 to chang the metronome volume and see what happens at next power on ...

I tried it. Metronome volume did not survive a power down. It did not get stored in a registration, to confirm what you first reported, although the tempo setting I used did get saved. I would call this a bug except that the manual says nothing about how Casio intended this to work. 

Good point! I did not have "auto resume" turned on. It is off by default, which is something I didn't expect. The OP was hoping the metronome volume would be stored in a registration. But since it's just an audio aid for practise and not something you'd normally want to hear during a musical performance, there really shouldn't be any need for more than one user setting: whatever works in the current audio environment (assuming the default setting of 127 is too loud, and it certainly is in my 560's environment). I'm sure that's why it isn't saved in a registration. But it's not obvious from the user's guide that it will or won't be saved in a registration, which was the OP's original question. That is unlike the case with the XW-P1, which does clearly list the parameters in a Performance (the P1's equivalent to a registration).

Thanks BradMZ and AlenK

it is sufficient for me to have at least the possibility to save the metronome volume globally and not for every registration. This evening coming back at home,

5 hours ago, BradMZ said:

If you simply just want the PX-560 to remember your metronome volume after you power off, turn on "auto resume" under system settings.  

I will try turning on "auto resume"

Thanks again

I suppose it is off by default because Casio thought that beginning users might be confused if the PX-560 powered up with settings that they didn't remember making the last time they used it. But to me it's not intuitive. I just assumed it wouldn't do that and it caught me. I should have remembered: With Casio assume nothing! 

4 hours ago, AlenK said:

I suppose it is off by default because Casio thought that beginning users might be confused if the PX-560 powered up with settings that they didn't remember making the last time they used it. But to me it's not intuitive. I just assumed it wouldn't do that and it caught me. I should have remembered: With Casio assume nothing! 

I agree and I am curious to see if others problems will arise with "Auto resume" set to on ...