Nova atualização urgente...

Amado Jose

• 4 months later...

OK, let's go:

Preload memory of 30mb is small and if used in full hangs factory sounds.
Disappearance of samples instrument notes.
Changing Rhythms does not change the BPM and has to change through the Tempo buttons.
If you create ZTN with loops there is usually the possibility of having artifacts even using Croosfade Loop
Record Memory does not save INTRO VARIATION for rhythm change.
MZ does not allow you to create rhythm with variations with different BPM.
Save All does not work well forcing you to save ZTN one by one.
When you stop pacing at a variation of 4 and activate the START button it goes to variation 1.
Rhythm editing could have a filter to increase volume only from a specific note ex (Volume lower (0-127) on all C4)
Big TIME screen when there is change of time by the buttons.
Stop rhythm with Start activated for left hand pickup.
Creation of Variations with Major Minor and Seventh chords.

Note ON OFF mode for ZTN (Looping Guitars)
This is one of the lists with improvements and bug fixes.
If you need video, I can arrange it, too.

On 03/09/2017 at 10:00 AM, Casiokid said:

Yes! Casiokid.
One more bug to be fixed for list.
I still need some time to make a list of bugs with all the Users I know and send it to Casio.
An example for the user who does not use the MZ-X sampler one day will need to use this feature.
Therefore, any and all problems must be reported with great importance and urgency, as we help Casio and its users.
Otherwise it is better for Casio not to work with PROFESSIONAL ARRANGING KEYBOARDS.
Here in Brazil is the best cost benefit in the area of arrangers.
Only to win the fans of YAMAHA KORG and ROLAND have to solve these bugs.

I found a couple other quirks.  I haven't spent time trying to figure out what causes them.  

Occasionally the accompaniment rhythm locks up with just the drum set and no keys will play.  There is no recovery other than a power cycle.  This hasn't happened to me during a performance yet but when it does I'll be retiring the MZ-X500.

When using the midi recorder and trying to save the performance to a USB memory stick I sometimes get a "no attached media" message which cannot be fixed by simply removing and replugging the usb stick.  This is after successfully saving a few prior midi recordings to the same memory stick!  Power cycle is required to recognize the memory stick.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2017 at 2:38 PM, Jazzman said:

I found a couple other quirks.  I haven't spent time trying to figure out what causes them.  

Occasionally the accompaniment rhythm locks up with just the drum set and no keys will play.  There is no recovery other than a power cycle.  This hasn't happened to me during a performance yet but when it does I'll be retiring the MZ-X500.

When using the midi recorder and trying to save the performance to a USB memory stick I sometimes get a "no attached media" message which cannot be fixed by simply removing and replugging the usb stick.  This is after successfully saving a few prior midi recordings to the same memory stick!  Power cycle is required to recognize the memory stick.

For Casio to continue producing professional arrangers needs to solve these problems.
Another Bug.
Adding ZTN tones in Preload and editing causes ZTN notes to disappear.
The Preload tool does not work as it should

Little commenting because the people who read this forum have nothing to do with product development and can not force the issue with Casio in Japan. The USA and other sales companies can let the manufacturer know about issues, but those issues should first be brought up with direct communications with the local sales company, not here on a user forum. 

I would think manufacturers and sales companies  would have dedicated staff to plumb the user fora for valuable insights into their product issues and how those products are perceived by their customer base. Unfortunately that is rarely done these days. 

The other possibility is that other users have not experienced the issues posted to this forum and have little interest in spending time confirming them. I had an issue early on with the X500 crashing & freezing, but have not seen that happen since version 1.50 was released.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:36 AM, Silvano Silva said:

OK, let's go:

Preload memory of 30mb is small and if used in full hangs factory sounds.
Disappearance of samples instrument notes.
Changing Rhythms does not change the BPM and has to change through the Tempo buttons.
If you create ZTN with loops there is usually the possibility of having artifacts even using Croosfade Loop
Record Memory does not save INTRO VARIATION for rhythm change.
MZ does not allow you to create rhythm with variations with different BPM.
Save All does not work well forcing you to save ZTN one by one.
When you stop pacing at a variation of 4 and activate the START button it goes to variation 1.
Rhythm editing could have a filter to increase volume only from a specific note ex (Volume lower (0-127) on all C4)
Big TIME screen when there is change of time by the buttons.
Stop rhythm with Start activated for left hand pickup.
Creation of Variations with Major Minor and Seventh chords.

Note ON OFF mode for ZTN (Looping Guitars)
This is one of the lists with improvements and bug fixes.
If you need video, I can arrange it, too.

Silvano,

You have mixed bugs with feature requests in this list. Perhaps we should separate them into two lists?

A bug is something that doesn't work the way the manual says it should. A feature request is an added functionality not found in the manuals.

For example:

1. Feature Request --> Changing Rhythms does not change the BPM and has to (be) change(d) through the Tempo buttons. 

2. Bug: --> Preload of maximum memory hangs factory sounds

I agree that there should be a global parameter added to allow the changing of tempo with the saved rhythm, but it must be an option as some folks mght not want the current tempo to change as they switched rhythms while playing.

re: #2 Think the vast majority of X500 owners never load user samples so they would not see this issue. (out of sight, out of mind)

By the way, have you had conversations with your local Casio sales company about these issues? If so what was their response?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradMZ said:

Rick está correto. As solicitações de recursos não são erros. Muitas das coisas listadas são pedidos de novos recursos. Os tópicos devem ser separados. 

Amando, vejo que você iniciou outro tópico sobre esse tópico. Não crie vários tópicos no mesmo tópico. Torna-se muito difícil seguir tudo.

Dear friend BradMZ, I thought it was necessary to create another topic, because they apparently forgot to continue 
with the new update, but let it be clear, is that we Brazilians use the instrument to load user samples, 
and we do not use the factory bells, so Casio with the MZX offered us would be ideal, 
but this is not what is happening
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rick Sterling said:

Little commenting because the people who read this forum have nothing to do with product development and can not force the issue with Casio in Japan. The USA and other sales companies can let the manufacturer know about issues, but those issues should first be brought up with direct communications with the local sales company, not here on a user forum. 

I would think manufacturers and sales companies  would have dedicated staff to plumb the user fora for valuable insights into their product issues and how those products are perceived by their customer base. Unfortunately that is rarely done these days. 

The other possibility is that other users have not experienced the issues posted to this forum and have little interest in spending time confirming them. I had an issue early on with the X500 crashing & freezing, but have not seen that happen since version 1.50 was released.

Let's look at parts

Many communications are being made here at Casio Brazil via email. But no answer.
Depend on Casio Japan

Here in Brazil has forum of keyboards called CifraClub and has Representative of Roland and Korg are still passed on to the respective Companies Alerts of any nature.
A rep like Mike Martin here from the forum.

The MZ-X series is almost ready for the American Public, Indonesian, Japanese and others.
But for the Hard user in the Samples part lacking some improvements.
Today the American user may not feel lack of taps resources but the extent to which in future using the tool in question may be too late.
Many improvements and corrections noted here in this Forum have always supported me even though it is not useful to me. But this adds value to the brand and the certainty of better equipment models for all.
There are no bad taste reviews regarding the MZ-X but rather marked improvements.
When you create a product and make mention of its resources, everyone expects these resources to respond in the best way.

21 hours ago, Rick Sterling said:

Silvano,

You have mixed bugs with feature requests in this list. Perhaps we should separate them into two lists?

A bug is something that doesn't work the way the manual says it should. A feature request is an added functionality not found in the manuals.

For example:

1. Feature Request --> Changing Rhythms does not change the BPM and has to (be) change(d) through the Tempo buttons. 

2. Bug: --> Preload of maximum memory hangs factory sounds

I agree that there should be a global parameter added to allow the changing of tempo with the saved rhythm, but it must be an option as some folks mght not want the current tempo to change as they switched rhythms while playing.

re: #2 Think the vast majority of X500 owners never load user samples so they would not see this issue. (out of sight, out of mind)

By the way, have you had conversations with your local Casio sales company about these issues? If so what was their response?

I'm sorry rich

I'll go over here

Bug List (Found so far)

1-Preload memory of 30mb is small and if used in full hangs factory sounds.
2-Disappearance of sample instrument notes as well as whole ZDR kits.
3-Changing Rhythms does not change the BPM and has to change through the Time buttons. (For me it is a defect that should be corrected)
4-If you create ZTN with loops there is usually the possibility of having artifacts even using Croosfade Loop.
5-Record Memory does not save INTRO VARIATION for rhythm change.
6-Save All does not work well forcing you to save ZTN one by one.

Improvements

1-MZ does not allow you to create rhythm with variations with different BPM.
2-When you stop pacing at a variation of 4 and activate the START button it goes to variation 1. (Bug or improvement?)
3-Rhythm editing could have a filter to increase volume only from a specific note ex (Volume lower (0-127) on all C4)
4-Big TIME screen when there is change of time by the buttons.
5-Stop rhythm with Start activated for left hand pickup. (Stopping the Rhythm and pressing STAR SINC Button requires precious time in the performances)
6-Creation of Variations with Major Minor and Seventh chords.
7-Note ON OFF mode for ZTN (Looping Guitars)

Ok. We need to organize this better.

1) Preload memory size is not a bug. That is a feature request.  If it hangs your keyboard, that may be a bug. 

3) Rhythm tempo change is not a bug. That is a feature request.  I've never known any Casio keyboard with this.  They have all required pressing both tempo buttons or using registration sequences to handle tempo changes.

4) Silvano, send me your tone files that are clicking.  I'm sure they can be corrected.  

5) Intro variation.  I'm not sure what you mean here.  

12 hours ago, BradMZ said:

Ok. We need to organize this better.

1) Preload memory size is not a bug. That is a feature request.  If it hangs your keyboard, that may be a bug. 

3) Rhythm tempo change is not a bug. That is a feature request.  I've never known any Casio keyboard with this.  They have all required pressing both tempo buttons or using registration sequences to handle tempo changes.

4) Silvano, send me your tone files that are clicking.  I'm sure they can be corrected.  

ere we have a bug and an improvement
The bug is when using the Preload in full keyboard sounds like SOLO TRUMPET from factory lock notes.
As for improvement it would be possible to increase PRELOAD.

This is true when I had the WK7600 also there. A feature that for professional lines of arrangers of other brands already has.

Yes I send But already notice that many waves that have loops in the loop program is ok but on the keyboard appear the artifacts/

The registration memory only stores the VARIATIONS A B C D when there is an exchange of rhythms.
But INTRO 1 and 2 do not save /
A very important resource for those who want to make a rhythm sequence based on the introduction of the rhythm type midi sequence/

The AC7 Rhythm file needs to be improved since there is an evolution here in the MZ-X line we have 4 variations 2 intros and 2 endings /
As well as the Yamaha PSR line has evolved in the STY Archives Casio has to follow this trend.
We are no longer talking about WK or CTK but a new board that deserves a lot of attention.
Many friends want the MZ-X but stand behind their keyboards.
Many respect me but how can I endorse knowing these details that they look for in the keyboards.