Closest thing to MZ-X500 ??

Tson

I would like to purchase an MZ-X500 but am debating against the Roland FA-07.  No music store (including Guitar Center) in my area (Denver) carries the MZ-X500 in stock.  What is the closest related Casio keyboard that I could preview the sounds, rhythms and user interface (ease of use etc.).  A list of options would be great.

Nothing really out there MZ X500 is arranger and workstation with sampling capability.

Roland FA is workstation and can do sampling  while Korg PA 600 is arranger only so you have to buy both to  match MZ X500.

Sound wise none of this two above keyboards are not better than MZ (I sold Yamaha MOXF to get Casio and I am very happy with sound quality i.e same to my ear).

I can think of Yamaha Tyros or Korg PA4X definitely better but at nearly 3000£ for Korg and even more for Yamaha choice is clear.

8 minutes ago, Leonh said:

Nothing really out there MZ X500 is arranger and workstation with sampling capability.

Roland FA is workstation and can do sampling  while Korg PA 600 is arranger only so you have to buy both to  match MZ X500.

Sound wise none of this two above keyboards are not better than MZ (I sold Yamaha MOXF to get Casio and I am very happy with sound quality i.e same to my ear).

I can think of Yamaha Tyros or Korg PA4X definitely better but at nearly 3000£ for Korg and even more for Yamaha choice is clear.

I agree about  the MZ X500 being quite unique on his genre, but I still have a Yamaha MOX6 which is (in my opinion of course!) superior in song editing, I love the ability to use patterns to compose a full song. The MZ X500 is an incredible instrument for what it offers and for its price, but editing a recorded song is not trivial. The Roland FA (from what I've read and seen on YouTube) has also a very, very nice song editor with a graphical interface, something you could find on a DAW.
Anyway I completely agree that to have what the MZ X500 offers you would need to buy an arranger and a workstation.

1 minute ago, Allanon said:

I agree about  the MZ X500 being quite unique on his genre, but I still have a Yamaha MOX6 which is (in my opinion of course!) superior in song editing, I love the ability to use patterns to compose a full song. The MZ X500 is an incredible instrument for what it offers and for its price, but editing a recorded song is not trivial. The Roland FA (from what I've read and seen on YouTube) has also a very, very nice song editor with a graphical interface, something you could find on a DAW.
Anyway I completely agree that to have what the MZ X500 offers you would need to buy an arranger and a workstation.

Yes I do miss pattern creation on Yamaha very easy if Casio did that kind of update (patterns ) it would be hard to beat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...