MZ-X500 vs Roland FA-07

Tson

I am getting paralysis by analysis... :banghead:   Please help.  Here is the question, read carefully:  Ignoring price and onboard speakers, what does the MZ-X500 give me that the Roland FA-07 does not.  It just seems like there's more in the FA-07.  More sounds, better sounds, better acoustic modeling, more articulations, more presets, more layered sound capability, more live control knobs, more keys (76), and a vocoder!  But I still am attracted to this amazing Casio machine!  (Thanks for nothing Mr. Rich Formidoni, Casio smarty-pants and overall nice guy!)  Anyway, please answer if you know the answer.  Opinions are less relevant, but still appreciated.  :)

Better sounds I don't know I sold my MOXF for Casio MZX500 and I was not dissapointed   with Casio sound quality on the contrary, mind you I always thought that Yamaha MOXF  got better sounds than FA so do you math .

MZ X500 is arranger/workstation FA workstation only.

If you can, play both of them then is easy decision.

Hi @Tson, as @Leonh says the sound quality of the MZ X500 is high, the piano sounds are amazing and the HexLayer engine is very powerful and can unleash creativity with outstanding sounds.

Before buying the MZ X500 I've read much about its direct competitors and I've seen many videos about the FA and its features but I've decided to go with the MZ X becuase I already own a MOX6 workstation which is in the same market segment of the FA.
For what I have seen the FA have a very nice song editor, if you are a composer it could be very useful, but, if I remember correctly, the FA couldn't record the pads sounds during a recording, I don't know if this feature has been added later with a firmware update or not, but at the time I've looked at this instrument I'm pretty sure that recording pads was not possible.

I all depends by you and what do you want to do with yout instrument, so my final words are the same as @Leonh : try both if you have the possibility, read their manuals, see tutorials and videos and decide :D
I'm having great fun with the MZ X500!

• 10 months later...
On 9/10/2017 at 12:29 PM, Tson said:

Ignoring price and onboard speakers, what does the MZ-X500 give me that the Roland FA-07 does not. 

* Direct slider control of organ drawbars.

* Ability to load custom samples (as keyboard-playable instruments).

* the Arranger functions (arguably the main purpose of the board, though not something I've used).

* Velocity sensitive pads.

* Ability to easily change just the left or just the right sound of a split on the fly and adjust its octave and volume if need be.

* Ability to switch among sets of split/layered sounds (Casio registrations, Roland studio sets) without having the old sound cut off when you switch to the new (in most cases). 
* Keys that are more consistent in how they feel from front to back.

* Separate mod and pitch wheels, which I prefer to Roland's lever, because you can leave the mod wheel in place at any point and it's easier to do modulation without accidentally bending pitch.

Of course, the FA also has many things that the Casio does not.

I've owned the FA-06 for about one year.

I prefer the MZ-X500. It's more funny to play. But the Roland is easy to use, the Casio is not. And with the FA, you have for free the entire Roland sound history (Axial) 

The Roland is a much better workstation, but the Casio is....another thing...you know?