PX-560 Tutorials

AlenK

I have collected in this thread all of the English-language PX-560 tutorials from Casio to date, including the live online webinars done by Mike Martin. There aren't many but new owners of the PX-560 should definitely start with these. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bumping to keep this thread on the first page. Anyone new to the 560 needs to be aware of these official Casio videos. In the days since I posted this thread I have seen several people join the forum to ask questions about their brand new 560. Some of those questions and others they haven't yet thought to ask may be answered in these videos.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks AlenK. Wow is this easy to get around. it is so easy that some of the functions are so obvious that it doesn't occur to me until I look at the tutorials-then again, the manual must be the "Reader's Digest Condensed" version of a real manual (yes I am that old to know what a "Reader's Digest" is).

For example-there is one Musicdat folder created on the thumb drive for everything and anything you store in it-tones, registrations, rhythms etc. but the manual doesn't make this clear anywhere. I could be wrong about that, but so far it looks to be the way the PX560 works. if I had no experience with the older PX350 which also does this, I might have a pretty tough time figuring this out on my own.  I have loaded edited tones and midi files from the Musicdat folder, so I have to assume audio recorder, midi/song recorder and everything else also goes in that one folder. The XW-P1 as we know, has separate folders for .wav files, tones and a few other things that slip my mind right now.

• 6 months later...

I just joined CasioMusicForums because I need guidance in choosing between PX-560 and PX-360.  I received amazingly helpful information in my first thread/inquiry and now I find THIS THREAD where you've compiled all these useful tutorials.  Too good.

I've known for a while that my future includes a Casio keyboard (I don't even consider other brands anymore) and now that I've stumbled into "a nest of Casio experts" I'm determined to find a way to obtain a PX-560 and learn to really use it.

FWIW, I found some very helpful videos on YouTube by a man who publishes under the name PianoManChuck.  For someone like me who is far from expert, his presentations help to emphasize important features and clarify some of the subtle distinctions among Casio products.

👍 Thanks, AlenK, for compiling this thread. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...