Potential Purchaser-Registration Question

bcf1ca

Hello

I am looking to replace my (old, heavy) Roland FP-7 with the Casio PX560. I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I play keyboard in a lot of theatrical productions. One of the features I like best on the Roland is the ability to use a second footpedal to trigger a Registration change without taking my hands off the keyboard. From what I have read, the PX560 uses the same term for registration that the Roland does i.e. the ability to store voice(s), layer balance etc. So far, I cannot determine if the PX560 has the same capability i.e. "hands off" Registration change. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If not, how can registrations be changed quickly on the PX560?

I'm also open to other comparison information if there is anyone out there who has used both keyboards.

Many thanks.

Barry

A simple on/off switch pedal connected to the "DAMPER" pedal jack can be assigned the function of damper (sustain), soft, or sostenuto.  A continuously variable pedal connected to the "ASSIGNABLE" pedal jack can be assigned the function of an expression pedal, while a simple on/off switch pedal connected to the "ASSIGNABLE" pedal jack can be assigned the function of damper (sustain) for: upper main voice; upper layer voice; lower (split) main voice; lower (split) layer voice.  There is no provision for assigning the function of any switch connected to any of those jacks as a registration changer.