Video Files on Forum ×

String Swells on pedal 2

Digerbop

I am trying to code string swells on pedal 2. I have the expression set up, and it is working, but sometimes comes off a bit choppy when i hit the pedal. Also, I want it to swell out when I let go of the pedal. Essentially I want a similar effect to the rotary speaker emulation with the organ sounds, where it doesn't cut right from 0 to 127 and back again. I set the bottom end of the expression to 30 so that it doesn't cut the strings down to 0 before swelling to 127 (because that sounded awful) but the choppiness still comes in if I am hitting the keys really hard already. I have the max volume level of the strings patch set to 100, so if I hit the keys hard and then swell with pedal 2, the volume of the patch drops to 30 before swelling top 127.

I want to essentially start the swelling at the played volume instead of at a specifically assigned number. Also, I want the swells to swell back out when I let go of the pedal.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...