Pad fade-in / out

Allanon

Hello all!

I was wondering if there is a way to fade-in / fade-out the pads, I'm not able to find anything about it on the forum, also hitting the fade button during a performance only the rhythm and the playing voices are involved in the fade-out, but the playing pads still run on their own until I stop them manually.

The ability to fade pads would be very useful on live performances and during improvisations, especially with looping pads :) 

Unfortunately the fade button does not work for pads right now.  Some options: If your pads are playing phrases and are assigned to use one of the mixer port A parts 1-4 (upper and lower parts), you could setup a knob, mod wheel or expression pedal to control volumes of upper and lower parts.  This would give you control over the phrase level.  It can also be done from the balance screen. Keep in mind these will affect both the phrase volume and key play volume that uses the same mixer part.  If the pads are using other mixer parts for phrases, you can use the mixer volume controls.   

It's a pity, at least would be great that the global fade could affect also the playing pads, maybe could be a nice addition for a future update :) 
Would it be possible to manually fade pads using and external controller? I have seen on the Midi implementation manual (7.5) we can change volumes of each part (MIDI channel), but how can we also specify a specific port? Is it possible?
Any tricks for sample pads?
Thank you Brad for your assistance :)

Ok, so let's say a possible configuration:

- On port A there is upper & lower tones, as well as the rhythms playing (and affected by the fade button)

- On port B I map all my pads, one for each channel

Then I select the port B as input port and I attach an external controller to the MZ-X so that I can use the controller sliders to control the pad volumes.

I will test it in the next days, I think it should work :)

No tricks for the sample-pads?

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, a fade for pads would be very useful.  Sometimes I will have 3 pads looping and at the end of the performance I have to remember the best sequence for turning them off as the volume fades.  Usually this is acceptable if I start turning them off sequentially just before the downbeat when the volume reaches about 50%.  Another option is to just manually fade using the volume control if you don't have to play a repeating outro.  Look forward to your results from experimenting with an external controller

• Like 1