PX-560M arpeggio in a band

Marcelo Viana

I intent to buy one PX-560M, and also intent to use some effects like arpeggio in some musics. In order to play it right the drummer in the band must have the metronome click in his phones for both of us do it in sync.

I know that the piano has only one stereo out, that i must use  to feed the mixer, and i don't want the audience to hear the metronome, but if i set the metronome to phones only, i'll use one channel in the mixer for all members of the band.

So my question is: can i set the metronome to phones only?

Thanks to anyone able to find out for me.

I'm definitely no expert, but I would say probably not very easily. I only poked around the the Balance, System Setting and Mixer menus. Nothing stands out as an obvious way to route anything to the headphone that isn't also going to go to the line outs. However, under the Mixer menu you can pan individual tones L and R. I suppose you could use a simple drum pattern instead of the metronome, maybe just a bass drum, and pan that to the L, then pan whichever tone you want to use with the arpeggiator to the R and send that to your mixer.

• Thanks 1

Yes, you got it, i'll probably use it mono.

Now i see how silly was my idea, of course what comes to phones goes to L/R out.

Unfortunatelly mono is the way to go(come on Casio, it's a "PRO" serie) when use with a band, as far as i know, much more simple.

Thank you vortmaxx for you efford, the drum pattern was a given, much appreciate.

Yes, but it can't allow expression pedal that is a must for me. The PX-560M don't make me happy with the split system. I do preffer to split in layers having all 88 keys at my wish, like PX-5S give in all 4 parts, but the thing is The PX-5S don't have more than L/R out and not shure about the pattern to give a metronome to the band, not really know, but since the PX-560M is newer i preffer to go with it.

anyway, thank you for the reply BradMZ.

yes, i never was adicted to social media, so i just made a facebock account to enter on this group, so i made my question, then suddenly facebook take me out until they analize my photo that they arbitrary made me send, and i'm out till now, so i don't know what happens after i made my question on the group.

You know what will be hepfull? A Casio make an update on the OS and include on balance page a PAN to each one on that page, not just volume.

So i can pan a metronome and that's it. Won't be that hard is Casio?

I was hoping someone with a PX-560 would confirm for you.  I don't have a PX-560, but an MZ-X500 which is similar.  On that model it is possible to use the mixer to adjust pan on part 8 where the metronome plays from.  To double check for you, I asked about it in the recent PX-560 live clinic.  It turns out the PX-560 cannot do this. Here is the clinic in case you're interested in other options.

https

• Thanks 1

I found this PX-560 so pretty, and PX-5S so out, didn't like this black and white color scheme, and of course a touch screen is much more friendly, also PX-5S is much older, and a bit more expensive here in Brasil where i live, even so i'm really considering switch to PX-5S, at least it comes with a editable PC software that make our life a lot easier, because come on, that screen... really?

i found a great resources on PX-560, but looks like a instrument made to live with it own, didn't send or receive MIDI clock, so not even a external drum machine can be sync with it. i really find it hard to work in a band using the resources it has, just sounds(in this it's great), but i must use other keyboard in order to use arpeggio, delays for guitar solos, so everything you should be able to use with this piano...

i don't know, a lot to consider...

Any way thank you BradMZ to be my voice on this live Q&A, really apreciate.