• Announcements

• Scott Hamlin

Make Sure You are Using Firmware Version 1.13   02/22/2016

Important Reminder: Make sure your PX-5S is updated to firmware version 1.13. Click the post title above to be taken to a video that will show you how to check your firmware version, where to get the firmware, and how to install the update if needed. 

Update your keyboard to the latest firmware V1.13.  Now leave that USB drive plugged into the keyboard at all times.  This will prevent the error message.  Initialize ALL is not necessary.  You user data will remain intact if you do not perform initialize all. 

16 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

Update your keyboard to the latest firmware V1.13.  Now leave that USB drive plugged into the keyboard at all times.  This will prevent the error message.  Initialize ALL is not necessary.  You user data will remain intact if you do not perform initialize all. 

I have done all this at least 10 times in the last 2 years for this I can say that I will not buy more casio products, cheap yes but they do not works !

Thank you

Paolo

You know, there is the possibility that you just have a defective unit that needs to be repaired.  During the past two years of experiencing this problem, have you considered contacting Casio Support to arrange for a bench test and possible repair?  At this point, I fear that the chance for a possible warranty repair or replacement may have already slipped by.

What does it mean "randomly lose every sound"?
What exactly does not work?(You cannot find something you previously saved; Saving does not not store all changes; Loading does not apply all stored parameters)
Or it happens sporadically an dtoo difficult to describe.

( Just a note: working with media and styles is not the strongest side on Privia for instance.I have quit using it. It is just a sound box for me)

On 9/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, paolopiano said:

I have done all this at least 10 times in the last 2 years for this I can say that I will not buy more casio products, cheap yes but they do not works !

Thank you

My has extended warranty to 3 years. To extend the warranty I had to register my unit on the Casio website.

On 9/29/2017 at 1:07 PM, paolopiano said:

Thank you

I've had my PX-5S for over 4 years and not one issue. Over 3,500 people in the PX-5S FB group. Several with the "no media" issue, solved by doing what Brad suggested. If you still have an issue, you will need to have it serviced. That's all. No big deal.