Video Files on Forum ×

sad

paolopiano

16 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

Update your keyboard to the latest firmware V1.13.  Now leave that USB drive plugged into the keyboard at all times.  This will prevent the error message.  Initialize ALL is not necessary.  You user data will remain intact if you do not perform initialize all. 

I have done all this at least 10 times in the last 2 years for this I can say that I will not buy more casio products, cheap yes but they do not works !

Thank you

Paolo

You know, there is the possibility that you just have a defective unit that needs to be repaired.  During the past two years of experiencing this problem, have you considered contacting Casio Support to arrange for a bench test and possible repair?  At this point, I fear that the chance for a possible warranty repair or replacement may have already slipped by.

What does it mean "randomly lose every sound"?
What exactly does not work?(You cannot find something you previously saved; Saving does not not store all changes; Loading does not apply all stored parameters)
Or it happens sporadically an dtoo difficult to describe.

( Just a note: working with media and styles is not the strongest side on Privia for instance.I have quit using it. It is just a sound box for me)

On 9/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, paolopiano said:

I have done all this at least 10 times in the last 2 years for this I can say that I will not buy more casio products, cheap yes but they do not works !

Thank you

My has extended warranty to 3 years. To extend the warranty I had to register my unit on the Casio website.

On 9/29/2017 at 1:07 PM, paolopiano said:

Thank you

I've had my PX-5S for over 4 years and not one issue. Over 3,500 people in the PX-5S FB group. Several with the "no media" issue, solved by doing what Brad suggested. If you still have an issue, you will need to have it serviced. That's all. No big deal. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had the "no media" problem twice; once in the beginning and once at about the 3 year mark.  I also had a defective jack in the back at about the 2 year mark.  My separate Casio power supply Cable also failed on a gig in the meantime.  (Used batteries to get through the gig).  The first time, I believe Mike Martin helped me correct it and the last time I took it for service under warranty.   Frankly, the "no media" problem always frightened me because of the potential for a repeat on an actual gig.  Mike Martin could not believe that the power supply had failed when I brought it to his attention and I bought a suitable non-Casio replacement rather than make a federal case out of it.  Since the bass player in my band is an electronics genius and he tested it with a meter to confirm its failure, I didn't think I would have to write a legal brief to ask for a free replacement. 

I live in a suburb 40 minutes North of Philadelphia, PA.    I had to travel to North Jersey over an hour and a half to find an authorized repair service and they were a little bitchy about my proving the extension  of my warranty which was registered with Casio when I couldn't find my original receipt.  Guitar Center sent me a computerized print-out of the original sale and that was the end of it.  The entire experience was exhausting and aggravating.  Seriously, Casio can't find a suitable repair center in the Philadelphia area?  And what is the purpose of registering your product with Casio if the repair service won't accept proof of that without the original warranty? 

The service center in North Jersey was good and professional.  Whatever they did to correct both problems, I have had no problems in the past 6 months.

I happen to really like the board.  Hopefully, it will work without incident going forward. 

As for people on this board who may suggest directly or indirectly that someone is making up a problem, they are being very disrespectful of all of us.  It makes one believe that the board is filled with Casio trolls using the medium to simply only say good things about the product.  That is complete nonsense.  There is room on the board for honest opinion, dissent and criticism.  Otherwise, this site should not be called a "forum."  I can assure you that I did experience each of the problems outlined above. 

I have a PX-560 which has worked fine.  No problems.  Frankly, however, I am waiting for a replacement for my PX-5S which should have come out last year and didn't.  No, the PX-560 is not a replacement for the PX-5S IMHO.  And if I ever buy another Casio board which does not work when I turn it on, I will go elsewhere.  That defect is not what I would call minor.  Thank you for listening. 

9 hours ago, Sonickeys said:

As for people on this board who may suggest directly or indirectly that someone is making up a problem, they are being very disrespectful of all of us.  It makes one believe that the board is filled with Casio trolls using the medium to simply only say good things about the product.  That is complete nonsense.  There is room on the board for honest opinion, dissent and criticism.  Otherwise, this site should not be called a "forum."  I can assure you that I did experience each of the problems outlined above. 

Who has said that? No one that I see. OTOH, if someone claims that Casio products are cheap, do not work, etc., like someone did above, others may say that they and many others haven't had the same problems so to act like Casio is bad when you got one lemon is unfair. It's not denying they had problems, but just stating that their problems aren't representative.

As far as your issues, I'm sorry that you had them. I doubt Mike thought you were lying about your power supply failure, but I'm sure he was surprised by it. That power supply is used by many Casio models and it's more likely that someone lose it than it actually fail. Yours is the first that I've heard of, ever. That doesn't mean it never happens, just that it's rare.

I read the responses in context and thought that some of them were more in the context of a personal attack and felt the need to respond because I had the same issue twice.  In my world, the "no media" problem is a product defect plain and simple.  Apparently, the firmware update 1.13 may have corrected the problem although we wouldn't know it by reading Casio's reasoning for the firmware update.  Frankly, most of my musician friends mock me for my love of Casio boards and I defend the boards regularly.  I leave my pricy Kurzweil Forte home and would rather play with the PX-5S.  You are correct, Mike was dumbfounded that my power supply failed and indicated that I was a first.  That didn't make me feel any better when I had to run around and get two sets of multiple batteries at a store at the last minute while my bandmates were trying to figure out why my rig wasn't working at an outdoor gig when the band was supposed to start.  (If anyone thinks you can play a 4 plus hour gig on batteries on one set of batteries, I will tell you from first hand experience that you cannot).  I will never know how or why the "no media" problem occurred or who or what caused it although I can assure you that people within Casio had to be embarrassed and troubled by what occurred.  It should never have happened.  To this day, I am inclined to bring a second board to the gig just in case.  In a professional product sold to professional musicians, that shouldn't be the case.  When a gig starts, neither the audience nor the band leader want to hear that your rig doesn't want to work and you don't know why.  Enough said. 

• Like 1