Tson

Versatile Tones / Articulations / Realism

I WANT an MZ-X500, mostly due to the awesome videos from Ralph Maten on YouTube.  (I suspect he has done some serious custom editing on his MZ to do what he does.). :2thu:

If the MZ-X500 was 76 keys, I would have bought one already.  (Maybe for NAMM in January...please Casio!) :banghead:

So...articulations.  I can't get my hands on an MZ anywhere but I played the Yamaha PSR-S970 yesterday and the Super Articulations are ... WOW!  Can the MZ-X500 create these articulations (fret slides, keyoffs) in the melody hand while playing (like the Yamaha) or do I have to hit pads or special keys in the lower register to trigger these random (but gorgeous) nuances?  I looked at the Appendix pg 15, referencing "Versatile Tones" but I'm still not clear on this.  Thanks all.

The guitars do have various nuances like body slaps, muted picked strings, fret slides, string noises and various other sounds.  These are triggered by velocity and by keys outside of the normal range for guitar.  For example, some guitar tones have velocity triggered fret slides.

58 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

The guitars do have various nuances like body slaps, muted picked strings, fret slides, string noises and various other sounds.  These are triggered by velocity and by keys outside of the normal range for guitar.  For example, some guitar tones have velocity triggered fret slides.

....including this other WOW! factor: 

Yamaha PSR-S970  (61 keys):  £1,737    Bax shop

Casio MZ-X500       (61 keys):  £680       Bax shop