Casio sample manager

Vishal Seelam

2 hours ago, Vishal Seelam said:

But, from where can we get wave samples 

If you mean getting wave samples into the instrument , Or find wave samples.

Samples in the (WAV) format you can get from any where or make them yourself ,

On the pc there are lots of free recording software like Audacity to record something to WAV.

There are also sites who have free sample instruments in WAV format.   

• 5 months later...

I have created a tone with Sample manager 1.1.0, saved it to a USB Key, and loaded it into the instrument from the key.

Everything is fine, I can play with my new tone. The I make some changes to the tone on the instrument, save it to the USB key, copy the file to the folder on the PC where Sample Manager is looking for files, but when I try to load it I have the "File format error" message. Too bad that Sample Manager can't load files created by the instrument ! If you look at the documentation, it says that it's something possible !

Maybe it's because I have updated the firmware of the MZ-X300 to 1.50 ?

Is it a bug in Sample Manager that is known by Casio ?

• 2 weeks later...

The "DX7" examples are pleasant enough - but what exactly do you intend to do with all these pre-created samples??

You have a brilliant sampling-keyboard. You have the flexibility of Sample Manager.

Why not create a library of your own samples and show everyone your OWN brilliance, and your OWN creative talent?

Just a thought!

In no way meant to be "criticism" 😉

Take it easy

Chris

14 hours ago, Songwriter2015 said:

The "DX7" examples are pleasant enough - but what exactly do you intend to do with all these pre-created samples??

You have a brilliant sampling-keyboard. You have the flexibility of Sample Manager.

Why not create a library of your own samples and show everyone your OWN brilliance, and your OWN creative talent?

Sample the world. :-) 

Hi Scott,

I believe that you've illustrated what I was suggesting with a most beautiful example.

I'm sure I'm not quoting him with total accuracy, Scott, but Pierre Henry's general philosophy seems to have been that, whereas musical notes made up the world of the composer, and composition - the formal nature of which he had little or no interest - his belief was that far more creativity ( and interesting results! ) was to be found in exploring the forms and the qualities of sound, and the way those sounds interacted with each other.

Hence the extraordinary character that much of his work exhibited! 

Not all of it was, can I suggest, "easily accessible' - The album "Ceremony" that he produced with the rock band "Spooky Tooth" was described ( I think by the Melody Maker? ) as: " One of the great screw-ups in rock history!! " and resulted in the band breaking up!!!! 

I'd love to see how some of his more "musical" work could be recreated using the mighty MZ-X500!!

Now THAT would be a real challenge for someone!?!

Take it easy

Chris